Any other divers keep saltwater aquariums?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ann Marie

be happy
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have been out of the water since November 1st :shakehead: for a couple of different reasons. One of the things that I've found that has kept me somewhat grounded are my saltwater tanks. It is almost as nice as blowing bubbles.

Does anyone else have any?

We finally gave up on the 125 gal salt water tank this year. Loved it, but it was a lot of work and heartbreak. There are people in Gamblers Anon. who've blown less on scratch offs and horses than we spent on fish I think!
Eels, anemones, salt water fish of all sorts, we loved them, but evenetually the kids tired of the work and all upkeep fell to dad. In the end we were down to simple easy keepers, which we finally gave away to friends. Now it's an 125 gal African Ciclid tank and the 50 gal is becoming a snake habitat. Guess who'll get to do the work on those in another year or two.
I'm with you though, those salt water fish were great topside entertainment on long winter evenings when the real thing was just memories and/or plans.

LOL! I always think about the dive trip that I could have had rather than the fish or corals. My tanks are pretty stable (I'm whispering because I don't want the fates to hear) and I really don't mind the maintenance too much.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom