Any other Aussie Divers on the Scuba Board?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nathaneal

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey!

As you might have guessed my name is Nathaneal haha. I live on the mid-coast of NSW Australia :)

I frequent Nelsons Bay - Fly Point, Halifax, Shoal bay etc but am trying to explore a few others sites.

New to diving with only 11 dives and 6 and a half hours logged blowing bubbles but I'm picking it up quite quickly. I have recently completed my Padi Advanced open water coarse with specialties in Deep Dive, Underwater Navigation, Search and recovery, Peak performance buoyancy and the Underwater Naturalist dive.

I'm interested in UW photography especially macro/Super macro! Currently just using my Go Pro until i feel a bit more comfortable in the water so i don't run the risk of bumping into something trying to get a shot.

Anywhos, that's enough about me! I'm sure you'll see me around the forums as i tend to spend a little too much time cooped up in the office on the computers haha.

Take it easy!

- Nat

Howdy and welcome to Scubaboard! :admingreet:

I understand your interest in photography, but more experience would be a good idea. You basically become a solo diver, and IMO really need a pony bottle.

Aussies are some of the best people! I first met two of you blokes overseas. We forced one of them to umpire our weekly softball game. Then the two of them forced us to eat kangaroo tail soup on Australia day. Great rapport. Good diving!

Thanks DandyDon!

Yeah i have a little point and shoot at the moment but haven't been taking it out with me for that reason. Just waiting until i have some more dives under my belt! Getting pretty comfortable with my neutral buoyancy now which is awesome and have been able to reduce my weight from the initial 18lbs down to 15 :) Give it a few more months and i recon I'll be ready to snap some fishies!

Cheers Bev'sBoy!

That's classic! I don't mind kangaroo meat, it's pretty rich though so can't have too much of it. Not sure if id be game enough to eat the tail though! haha. Yeah on the whole all the guys and gals I've met through diving so far have been really great people! With that said, half of them haven't been Aussies baha. One of my Instructors is Brazilian and a couple of the ladies i do social dives are from over in the UK!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom