Any opinions on what conditions will be like next weekend after storm passes (WPB)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

keithab

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am scheduled to dive next weekend in West Palm Beach. I am wondering if any of you Floridians have seen storms like this come through and wondering what vis will most likely be like? Is it guarantted to be bad from your experience or will these storms even affect it?

I would venture a guess and say that the vis will be pretty crappy for at least a week after this storm.

Ditto, usually takes awhile [week or two for things to clear up] and that's if weather settles down long enough....There's more storms behind this one too.......

Ditto, usually takes awhile [week or two for things to clear up] and that's if weather settles down long enough....There's more storms behind this one too.......

No models are predicting anything else in the pipeline is coming anywhere near us. Stop playing Cantore and scaring the tourists. :)

Last edited:
As long as the wind lies down, with a moderate north current by the weekend it should be like nothing ever happened. Wednesday and Thursday we should have a swell and some debris coming from the south. That makes for good Dolphin fishing. Closer to shore I would expect the bugs to be marching.

With all the polluted fresh water dumped in to the Lake Worth Lagoon, it should be a sewer for about a week.

Brian Norcrossdresser thinks that Hurricanes Andrew,Wilma and Katrina are getting reorganized in the north Atlantic and will return soon to KILL US ALL!

I am looking forward to a nice weekend of diving in SE Florida.

Chug
Here comes 'da bugs!
Here comes 'da bugs!

Last edited:
I am scheduled to dive Friday-Sunday in Key Largo. Can anyone give me some insight as to what the visibility might be?

Visibility will be horrible if you close your eyes or if your mask fogs. It could also be impacted if you're doing a night dive without a light!
:duck:.

I am scheduled to dive Friday-Sunday in Key Largo. Can anyone give me some insight as to what the visibility might be?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom