Any Ohana Members try Amphibian Fins yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i looked at them but decided not the route i want to go the fact that they fold like they do is just an invitation for them to break right where where they fold.i did see some new looking space age fins that have that jet fin shape and stiffness but look more vented. to bad they are out of my price range.

heres the link:
http://www.leisurepro.com/prod/OMEAF.html?ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=OMEAFBXL

You may want to think about taking on a DIY (do it yourself) project. I find myself looking for toys and do a DIY project and that usually cures me. I would agree with 3k, that pivot point is a serious point of failure.

If you're looking for a new style of fin, try some Mor-Fins, Scotty. The slipperiest fins on the market and that mkaes them extremely efficient and easy to kick and maneuver in. I've handled the Amphibians and wouldn't bother with them on a dive. Too 'draggy' in my opiion.

ok here I go again. well I dove today using those fins. I guess I have to keep in mind that I am used to jet fins. but after the first day of use the jury is still out. but is did use them on two boat dives. my thoughts after the first day.

1. for boat dives they are great on entry. put them on walk to the dive step giant stride you are in the water no problem and i like the way the feel on entry. two kicks and they are locked into place.

2. they are spacious enough for a boot and comfortable in that respect.

Performance: they are lighter then jet fins so thats a plus. but after only one day of use I cant really say yet but i will be doing four shore dives sunday soi will continue this after those dives.

I sure like mine. :)

well i dont know if it was because i was tired today or what but man i just wasnt liking them fins today.after trying to find the right kick for 2 dives at sharks cove I gave up and went to the scuba pros for the third dive.so i will give them afew more dives as i realize i might be out of dive shape and it could be affecting my kick.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom