Any New Jersey area BP/Wings users?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

11B3Y

Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings everyone:

I am a recent addition to this board and my hat is off to everyone! Awesome information along with individual respect and common courtesy. A rarity on other forums.

I am a New Jersey resident who, after reading the numerous discussions of the advantages/disdvantages between BC - BP/Wings, has decided to go with the BP/Wings setup. FWIW, I too was about to buy a Zeagle Ranger from leisurepro.com. Glad I read here first!

I want to purchase the FredT (11 gauge SST backplate long pattern finished, STA light pattern (two piece set) finished, Scubapro Super Cinch tank strap, and Harness kit, then add the 18 lb Halcyon Pioneer Wings). I am a bit apprehensive about buying the harness kit without ever physically seeing one.

Here' the point of this post; are there any New Jersey area owners of a BP/Wing setup willing to show me their gear for reference?

Most Sincerely,

Thomas
PADI OW Certified, 1983

PS I am a warm water diver, Caribbean only, for now. Currently booked on a Black-Beard 7-day cruise in August.

:tree:

I bought one. The Heavy plate,with the heavy STA, and the harness.

You will not be disapointed!!

If you want to drive up to Rochester I'd be glad to let you check it out!!:wink:

Well, I went ahead and ordered a BP from FredT. It should be here in a week or so.....still looking for a NJ/PA/NY area diver who has a BP/Wing setup and would not mind showing it to me.

I plan to write up the process of getting it, initial impressions, setting it up, check out dives in the pool (how I set everything up) and eventually diving with it on a Blackbeard cruise this upcoming August.

Thomas

Welcome to the board!

I'm in a remarkably similar situation to you - a month ago I'd never heard of (modern) backplates being used for any non-technical diving. Now I also have a FredT on the way! A leap of faith for me too. Oh, and I live about 10 minutes away from Outerbridge, on Staten Island.

Sooo, are "two heads better than one"? Or is the "blind leading the blind" a dangerous thing? :)

Mark.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom