Any must sees on Kauai'i?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa:
Thanks for the tip mohneys1, it'll have to wait till next time though....time passes too fast

A note just to cancel my request for news on your trip! - When I spotted Jiehs note I passed right over this one. We're really looking forward to actually spending time there - As in "One week isn't enough"

You are so right! We were back home for, I think, a week or so and Roger said lets start looking for another trip

mohneys1:
If you rent a good vehicle (probably a jeep or equivalent) check out Polehale (sp?) Beach. It was the most amazing beach I have ever seen. DO NOT tell your rental car you want to go there... it's actually in most places contract that you agree not to take their cars there. Its not that bad, just a really really really bumpy road. Took us about 45 min to get 3 miles in a 1990 Subaru Loyale station wagon... but once you get there its totally worth it. I believe its where the Napali coast starts. .....

Polihale Beach. Drive past the loooooong Barking Sands straightaway and keep driving som' more. Went with my friend's 4-wheel drive pickup. Quite a chore to navigate through the canehaul roads and not getting squashed by a speeding cane truck -- the canefields where still producing when I went there over a decade ago and it felt like being a rat in a maze -- or Pacman. An immense beach; couldn't see the ocean at first. Didn't have any gear with me and didn't jump in but it didn't look very inviting anyway; the fairly steep beach, hints of ripping offshore currents, and surf would've made it challenging to dive; reminded me a lot of Yokohama Bay on Oahu. And believe it or not, in that Sahara desert-like expanse, I managed to find a brand new quarter lying on the sand. Worth seeing; bring plenty of water.

Back
Top Bottom