Any must sees on Kauai'i?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I spent a lot of time on Kauai, but upon my word - you people are all missing the real reason to go to Kauai - Brick Oven Pizza in Eleele.
Na Pali coast...nice
Waimea Canyon...nice
the fern grottos...nice
helicopter ride...ok - better if you're doing it free in a Navy bird though
Captain Zodiac...fun - my first wife and I inadvertently put on a GREAT show for a zodiac while we were communing with nature on the Na Pali coast.
Barking Sands beach...squeaky
Brick Oven Pizza...OMG - GREAT...UNBELIEVABLE...THE STUFF PIZZA DREAMS ARE MADE FROM...
Oooops, sorry - I haven't been there for 15 years, but I still see that first pie sliding on the table in my dreams.

Tom Winters:
Brick Oven Pizza...OMG - GREAT...UNBELIEVABLE...THE STUFF PIZZA DREAMS ARE MADE FROM...

I was wondering what to have for dinner, but you made up my mind.
:dazzler1: PIZZA :dazzler1:

back on track...
Tunnel beach has some good snorkeling.

Well, we just came back and had a great time. We hit the highlights like the canyon, spouting horn, the lighthouse, tree tunnel, the taro fields....various waterfalls...the works, it was great! But we had the most fun flying over the entire island with "Tropical Biplanes". We flew the one hour tour and saw a lot. You just gotta try it!

I'll post pictures when I'm finished with the laundry :11:

We took waaaaay too many pictures...still picking our favorites and processing them...

Here is the link to the gallery I started

Glad to hear you had a good time. Look forward to seeing some pics.
Did you get some of that pizza Tom was talking (drooling) about?
David

dlndavid:
Glad to hear you had a good time. Look forward to seeing some pics.
Did you get some of that pizza Tom was talking (drooling) about?
David

We passed it a few times and each time it was either way too early or we had just eaten....But all is not lost - we will be going over again :D...after all, it's just a 30 minute flight

justleesa:
We passed it a few times and each time it was either way too early or we had just eaten....But all is not lost - we will be going over again :D...after all, it's just a 30 minute flight

Just an island hopper heh? So what is the r/t fare? 89 clams?

I have no idea as we were given this trip as a wedding gift. I have heard that a trip can cost around $110...prices are really going up....But I do know if you book a package deal the rate is much better.

If you rent a good vehicle (probably a jeep or equivalent) check out Polehale (sp?) Beach. It was the most amazing beach I have ever seen. DO NOT tell your rental car you want to go there... it's actually in most places contract that you agree not to take their cars there. Its not that bad, just a really really really bumpy road. Took us about 45 min to get 3 miles in a 1990 Subaru Loyale station wagon... but once you get there its totally worth it. I believe its where the Napali coast starts. Anyway it's amazing and if I had my pics on this computer I'd post a few. Also would recommend a Napali coast tour by boat.. we did a charter (Blue Dolphin Charters) which was an all day thing. Like 7 or 8 hours, but its lunch and snorkeling (or diving for an extra fee which I also highly recommend) around the coast and to Ni'ihau. The dive at Ni'ihau was amazing... best dive I have ever been on. It depends on the time of year that you want to go (we went in May) whether you can get out to Ni'ihau or not. Anyway Kauai is beautiful for scenery and such, just not much going on in the way of restaurants/bars/night life etc. Ohh... also for a shore dive Koloa Landing. It's a nice shore dive with easy access. There are a few shops near by for fills, but I'd recommend Fathom Five, its like 3 min away and they are good people.
We didn't do a helicopter ride, but we hear its great, so if you've got the money go for it. For us it was a choice between that and the charter/dive. Naturally we had to take the dive. Anyway hope you have a good trip!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom