Any Key Largo ops do 3 tank charters?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aggie Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm trying to put together a trip for a crew of eight, and we are looking at doing a three tank trip if possible on one of the days (July 24th). Is there any ops that run 3 tank trips?

Thanks in advance.

Here's your answer. And you couldn't ask for a dive charter (and shop) with more integrity:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/4422438-post3.html

And Conch Republic is running their Summer Sizzle Special so you can probably get a great deal on a group of eight.

Yeah, saw that. But the dates we're going they already have dives called, and none are 3 tankers...

Any other suggestions?

Hey Aggie Diver,

Yes we've got a charter on my boats on the 24th, but the afternoon of the 24th my 30' Island Hopper is available. Give my wife, Admiral Brenda, a call and I'm sure we can work out a nice 3 tank dive for your group that afternoon.

Good Diving,

Can anyone suggest a Key West Dive op? I have read what's been posted. Is there any dive ops that dive the remote reefs? Our last trip we dove Islamorida. I hate to sound hard to please but I was not real impressed with the Middle Keys. How is the Loon Key? Is there a good ops there?

I think you mean "Looe Key" about 30 miles north of Key West - good reef, worth a couple of tanks and better diving than much of KW.

Unless you charter a multi day trip which will take you to the Dry Tortugas, I think you will find most KW OP's do the closer in sites, which if if did not like the Middle Keys, you for sure will not like the majority of KW sites.

However, the recently sunk Vandenberg may be a very welcome addition to KW. Diving it Sunday and really looking forward to it.

The better sites are in Key Largo and Islamorada - although there are those who love the middle Keys - I do not, at least for diving.

However - for what is the best diving in FL (IMO) - Palm Beach County - Jupiter, West Palm, and Boynton - have what many locals - and few out of the area - believe are the best reefs and for sure the most large animal encounters.

Post back if you want some PB operators.

Conch Repbulic is great but if they're booked, you can also try Garden Cove Divers. Larry may be able to put something together for a smaller group. 305-451-5844

Lisa

aggiediver - Silent World - Dive with Silent World voted #1 dive shop in Florida - When I dived w/ them (great experience) I was 'testing' them for a trip that ultimately got scrubbed. Chris told me to call back w/ dates & number of divers & he'd figure it out.

amollere - haven't used but heard really good things about Southpoint Divers in KW & will use them next trip (I recently dived some reefs & the Vandy - was generally unimpressed w/ KW diving & will agree w/ jupiter31).

EDIT:
addiediver - someone just PM'd me & asked why SW scrubbed the dive - it was ALL on my end before we even booked w/ SW. Sorry for any confusion.

Last edited:
I'm trying to put together a trip for a crew of eight, and we are looking at doing a three tank trip if possible on one of the days (July 24th). Is there any ops that run 3 tank trips?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I can run 3 tank trips any day as long as I have a spare boat. Obviously mid week and afternoons on the weekends are more likely.

I have a choice of either Key Largo for the Spiegel and the Marine Sanctuary or Tavernier for the Eagle, snapper ledge etc.

PM or call my cell for info (305) 395 1194

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom