Any issues with Slingshot bands breaking easy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you aren't the only one.

I am yet to decide whether the sun has addled his brain or he is drunk ... am yet to read a post of his that i understand

You could always take your time reading, using, your brain, which
may steer you in a direction away from becoming an arse kisser.

Cheers. "hic"

I'm highly considering buying the AL Slingshot fins and have read a lot of great reviews on them.

I'm considering these over the Atomic split fins since apparently on #1 these act very closely to split fins, but allow you to change to a higher drive in case of strong current (which I will probably run into on Cozumel)

But I've also read a few instances where people had the bands break during a dive.

Anyone else experience this?

Someone said they contacted AL and they said they've altered the band material/design over the last year or two so that there should be no more breaks.

But it still seems like a weak spot. But these things get such great reviews. I'm considering picking up a pair of spare bands and keeping them in a BC pocket incase I'm underwater and need to change them on the fly.

I have heard of several reports of people breaking these bands. You can bet your socks it'll happen at the worst possible time too!!

I personally wouldn't use these fins if they were given to me. Like someone else said, if you have to worry about them breaking underwater then do you really want them?? I'd suggest just forget the gimmick factor and get a good, and cheap by comparison, pair of blade fins and have worry free diving.

That's my 2 frog kicks worth!

you aren't the only one.

I am yet to decide whether the sun has addled his brain or he is drunk ... am yet to read a post of his that i understand

And Fcuk Off out of my private messages Imbecile and post publicly.

@knowone

Be honest with me; as you're typing up these posts of yours, you're wearing a straight jacket and pecking at the the keyboard using a pried-open paperclip that's clenched in your teeth?

@knowone

Be honest with me; as you're typing up these posts of yours, you're wearing a straight jacket and pecking at the the keyboard using a pried-open paperclip that's clenched in your teeth?

0002031F.gif
this is the funniest post I have ever read.. I think I wet myself
0002031F.gif

And Fcuk Off out of my private messages Imbecile and post publicly.

The reason I sent you a PM was so the thread did not get hijacked, something you obviously have no concern over.

As it appears the thread has served the original purpose i shall accede your request and post publicly

You are getting better, that is the second one of your posts i have understood :)

I have a pair of these fins. In a strong current they are excellent even on the lowest setting, they are a massive fin!! You need very and I mean very strong legs to get good use out of them. My partner also has a pair of slingshots and a pair of al blades, she much prefers the blades due to cramping halfway through the dive with the slingshots.

I say go for a pair of cheaper blades, it's all about comfort not performance. You only need to outswim your buddy anyway... Not the shark :)

Back
Top Bottom