Any interest in creating a divers network?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was just farting around and I noticed the calendar at the top of the Western Canada section.

This may be a simple way of getting the word out about dives that are happening in the area. There's even a check box that allows users to confirm that they will be attending as well as the option to send out reminders to those who are attending.

I posted an evening dive for next week just to try it out. If it works out ok, I would suggest that everyone post when/where they are diving (if they don't mind company) and maybe we can get a sticky post in our main forum pointing users to the calendar.

Whatcha think?

I never noticed the calendar before, it could work well. Except I just looked I could not see your post on the calendar.

Edit: Ooops, When looking in the month of March I can see your event.

There doesn't appear to be any way to see that something has been added to the calendar? Am I missing that too?

Last edited:
Hey, that looks interesting!
Perhaps a thread to let everyone know about the dive and then a posting on the calendar (as you've done Scott) so that, at a glance, divers can see what dives are planned for the month.

LOL, I never noticed the calander either, I think it would work. Worth a try since it is there.

I'd be interested Dale.
Also if you're looking for a buddy mid-week.. i can accompany. just cant drive :(
thurs/fri this rotation for me.

I think that in order to build a community you need a few people who really want to step up and do some organizing and coordinating. That certainly is something that can happen here already, it just takes someone who's willing to put in the time and effort.

There is also DiveForum.ca It's specifically for Canadians. We have a bunch of people from out West there already.

Mat.

Hey Marty, I hear you. My schedule is Wed. for a single dive this week (Belcarra) but I'll let you know if/when I'm heading out again.

As it is I work my days off around my wifes schedule (nurse, rotating shifts) so that one of us is home with the kids. So sometimes I'm a mid week diver and sometimes a weekend diver (and sometimes a no %$#&&&@ing diver at all).

I'm going to post my dives on the calendar in case anyone else wants to/needs a buddy those days.

I'm still wondering if we want to try to set a date for Tuwanek yet?

Dale.

DiveBuddy.com does most of what you're asking for already. You can plan trips, email local divers, collect rsvp's, research dive sites, view divers that live near a dive site, etc.

I will consider everyone's comments for DiveBuddy.com...I'm always looking for ways to improve.

Thanks,

Greg
DiveBuddy.com

I do not want to join another web site though, I already have enough

That was my concern too Mike. I even started a "club" forum at one point a while ago but it got very little traffic. I think staying where the group is already will work best but I'm going to check out Gregs site to see what's what.
Thanks for the link Greg.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom