Any idea about AquaLung Blades/Blades Flex

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hamsiss

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi everyone,
I'm using mares avanti quattros and I like them but my brother started open water course and will be certified soon and we are planning to buy a new pair of fins. I'm thinking to buy something different (that would be better to have different types of fins :wink: ).
And the question is;
What's your comments about AquaLung Blades? Does anyone has an idea about the new Blades_Flex?

thanks everyone for your helps :)

I just bought a of Aqualung Blades II, I used them today for snorkling. Out of the fins I have previously used, I like these the best. For my certification class I had a pair of scuba pro, and I bought a pair of Tusa Imprex Tri-Ex. The scuba pro fins I had a hard time because they were the smallest fins available and were still too large. The tusa fins were incredibly stiff and were not very fast. However, the Aqualung fins are very flexible, and I really like the flex foot pocket. I've heard complaints about the release strap, releasing when it wasn't supposed to underwater. However, I don't foresee this happening, and find the straps to be unique and easy to use. For me, these fins are by far the best!

I agree, I have Blades also, I've got about 17 dives open water dives, and 3 semesters of assisting college scuba on them and never had the quick release let go on me. Actually, when I tried to use the damn things, I couldn't get them to release :) I get good initial acceleration, and decent top speed. My wife can out pace me with her Scubapro Twin Jets, once she's up to speed, but overall I'm much more happy with the initial acceleration than the top speed.

I have a pair of Blades from about 2000 (when they were US Divers) and I must say I don't like them at all. Avanti Quatros are far more efficient. I find it hard to keep up sometimes against a current, but using other fins have no problem.

I have a pair of Blades II. They are all I've ever used so I don't have anything to compare them to. When I first started out I got cramps in my calves a lot. As I refined my technique that went away, though. They have a decent flex and are stiff enough to frog kick with. I haven't been able to master backing up in them although I can turn pretty well. They are a little long to be inside of something without kicking into things. Mine are BRIGHT NEON YELLOW and can be seen from long distances. My wife and I don't have any trouble finding each other.

If you decide to go with the Aqua Lung Blades2 Flex, I have a brand new pair black and silver size regular that I won in a charity drawing that I was going to list on Ebay. But if you want them I will sell for 50.00 + shipping. Let me know and I will let you know my paypal account address.

I got certified with Blades 2's, and thought they were fine, but had never used any other fins until last week when I got my new Apollo Bio Pro's. I'll probably never use my Blades again, except as back ups...

I've also had the Blades II since they were introduced. They were better than the fin I replaced, but I just could never get any speed out of them.. that's just me. I know several others who love them. I did really like the shape of their fin pocket and with spring straps were quite comfortable.

I switched to TwinJets a little over a year ago because of a knee issue, and now that I'm used to them, I'm sticking with them

Dennis

ok so i used these fins on a dive! yay! anyways... they work wonders on the surface, i can kick easily and i get a good amount of speed. my boyfriend who was diving with me thought i was going too fast and so i had to just hangout for a while to let him catch up. so using these fins underwater... if there's a fair amount of surge, you do have to work a little bit harder. it wasn't a major issure for me, but for someone who likes to have a lot of power it might... oh as for the hands free release system..it doesn't always work using your heals, i prefer to just snap it off using my hands and walk out, but it's totally up to you... hope this helps...

Blades are FAST !!!
That equates to doing less work than your buddy to cover the same amount of territory, therefore using less gas, therefore getting more bottom time on your tank.

All of which is good.

the K

Back
Top Bottom