Any ice diving in Michigan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tmassey

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello!

Well, my dive buddy bailed on me for an ice dive this weekend. I know in the past that some of the local dive shops would have an annual ice dive meetup, but I haven't found one this year in the stores I've called. So, I thought I'd throw out a post and see who might be around.

Any ice diving going on in the Detroit Tri-County area? Anyone looking for a buddy?

For the past few years, my pool of divers (and dive stores, for that matter) have dwindled. So it seems that it's time to take the bull by the horns and see what I can come up with.

If there's another resource that I should know about for such a question, please feel free to point me to it.

Thank you very much, and I hope to meet and dive with you in person!

EDIT:
Surrounding areas, including the Ohio quarries (White Star or Gilboa) would certainly be included in this as well!

Last edited:
Hey Tim, we have an ice dive scheduled for the 21st of next month in Jackson. That is the next thing I know of without having to deal with Rich at White Star. You can keep my tanks til then.

Anyone out there interested in ice diving this weekend? It's supposed to be 40 degrees tomorrow! It doesn't get better than that for an ice dive.

White Star or Spring Mill Pond are the obvious choices, but there's a zillion lakes to choose from! If you're interested, post! We'll see what we can work out!

Back
Top Bottom