Any good snorkel spots in Key West? Boat tours?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I'm taking a cruize and will be in KW from 7:30 in the mornin till 2pm the same day. Are their any good shallow reefs in the area? Any good boat tours available?

zanemoseley:
I'm taking a cruize and will be in KW from 7:30 in the mornin till 2pm the same day. Are their any good shallow reefs in the area? Any good boat tours available?
It might be tight but they leave at 10:00 AM and Looe is supposed to be the best of Florida. It's a snorkle and dive trip combined (shallow). I suggest you discuss the details with them: http://www.diveflakeys.com/ 800-942-5397 (Hotel) or 800-LOOE KEY (Diving).

If all the time you have for a port visit in Key West is 6 1/2 hours, I wouldn't bother with a snorkeling cruise. There's not all that much around KW just offshore - all the dive boats have long runs to any kind of decent water.

Tom Winters:
If all the time you have for a port visit in Key West is 6 1/2 hours, I wouldn't bother with a snorkeling cruise. There's not all that much around KW just offshore - all the dive boats have long runs to any kind of decent water.
I agree with Tom. Key West's topside attractions are far more appealing than her reefs. Suggestions: put on your best walking shoes; walk to the south end of Duval Street; have your picture taken at the southermost point in the continental US; visit the nearby Butterfly Conservatory; consider visiting the Hemingway House, or the Audobon House on your way back up Duval; ask a local how to find B.O.'s Fish Wagon, then go there for lunch; wander around Old Town (the historic district) and the Historic Seaport; and finally, slip in to Captain Tony's Saloon (the original Sloppy Joe's) for a refreshing adult beverage before heading back to the pier. Enjoy... and come back when you can stay longer!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom