any good dive shops in st. john USVI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cricket25

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Headed to St. John in November. Any recommendations for a good dive shop to plan our trip? Also any insider info about the island would be great. Thanks

When I was in Coki Beach, St. Thomas, we dove around Grassy Cay and Thatch Cay. Peter, the owner/captain of the Coki Beach Dive Club told me many boats from St. Johns also come to these same sites. The difference is they charge $125, whereas he charges $80. He also gave a $9 discount for cruise passengers who come to dive with him from the cruise dock (to compensate for taxi).

Well, we did see a dive boat, he said it was from St. John.

Don't know if this was true. But Peter seemed like a good genuine guy. Both this Aug., and last Aug., I did a 2-tank boat dive with him (in a cruise port stop at St. Thomas). I was the only diver both times. He said he doesn't really make money with me as the only diver, but that's ok. He took my booking and he honors it.

The three main dive operations on St. John are; Low Key watersports in Cruz Bay, Chris Sawyer Diving @ Caneel Bay Resort and Cruz Bay Watersports @ the Westin Resort. Cruz Bay has a reputation for rude staff, but they have changed management recently so things may have changed. All three operations dive the same sites with a few exceptions. Also, there are a couple of smaller operations on island.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom