Any good beach diving in Florida??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba kitten:
Can you recommend a dive shop in Panama City? I'm vacationing there later this summer and would like to go diving. Thanks.

Try Panama City Dive Center otherwise know as PCDC. There use to be another charter service out there called Hydrospace but I think the dive op was taken over by PCDC. The is some nice diving out that way -- but last time we went the vis was on the bad side.

In the summer when the ocean is flat....great beach diving from Sebastian Inlet to Ft Pierce

howarde:
MikeSSS -

Lauderdale-by-the-sea is called the "shore diving capital of Florida"

Not only is it pretty great for just walking in and swimming out only about 200 yards, but it's only 15' deep, and we've had snorkelers hang on the surface by our dive flag, and they could see everything the whole time. It's great for divers and/or snorkelers.

This time of year, there's plenty of available hotels.

No, no, no!!! Howard, you know better than that.... Aboslutely NO good beach diving in LBTS! I mean, look at the horrible dive we had today for example... :wink:

Seriously, Mike- we have some great beach diving here & Broward County is also known for good wreck diving off the boats around here too. Come on down!

I was at Ocean Fest last month in Fort Lauderdal Beach and it was a nice shore dive ... But I would like to find some on this cost (Tampa area)
Kim P

N@rco$i$:
What is there to see at Lauderdale-by-the-sea?

Nurse sharks, turtles, eagle rays, sting rays, a manta ray (once), a hammerhead (once) brain coral, parrot fish barracuda etc. halfway between the end of the pier and the mooring balls.You can easilly go out to the mooring balls to a ledge that boats use as a second dive. The two nurse sharks are always around.

Jchoby:
Try Panama City Dive Center otherwise know as PCDC. There use to be another charter service out there called Hydrospace but I think the dive op was taken over by PCDC. The is some nice diving out that way -- but last time we went the vis was on the bad side.
jchoby - thanks for the referral. maybe i'll be luckier on the visibility. if not, as a newbie, i'm more interested in the experience than what i see.

i looked at the pcdc website and there are lots of options. if there's a specific dive site you would recommend, let me know.

sk

scuba kitten - a friend of mine who lives in PCB uses Dive Locker, I have no first hand experience with any of those places though.

...and welcome to ScubaBoard :p

Marvel-

Is anyone diving after work this week? Just back from NYC and I need a fix!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom