Any glass filters for GoPro Hero4?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Se'

Registered
Reaction score
I was looking for a diving filter for my GoPro, but it seems that even the not so cheap Backscatter are made of plastic (they call it “optical grade acrylic...”), which, I guess, get scratched just watching it. Has anyone found something more durable?

Interesting. Thanks for the link. Do you know if they cause vignetting in ultra wide mode?
In my research I encountered some 52mm filter and they were unusable in ultra wide mode, and some 58mm which gave no problem, but this is the first 55mm I see.

I had used these and would sweat by SRP producing amazing color corrected videos vs others. With just the red filter itself, i dont think you will get dark corners of the lens adaptor but if u stack filters like we like to add a +10macro for sharpness, u have to scale down to medium view

Reactions: Se'
Well, for macros it would make sense to use medium anyway.
I will definitively try it on my next trip.

I have to say that I had a SRP filter for 6 months while in Australia and diving quite a bit and it scratched just as easy as any other filter I have seen. It may have ever scratched more easily because of the fisheye shaped lens. The backscatter filters are at least protected by a ring of plastic.

Edit: This is talking about the curved lens URPRO filter not the 55mm screw in one. Sorry for the confusion

Last edited:
Also, there was no vignetting that I saw using this filter. It was miles better at color correction than the backscatter that my friend had. His footage had uneven colors and most of it came out redish/purple that he had to color adjust. My SRP on the other hand worked like a dream.. At 40-60 ft I barely had to touch the color correction in post.

Back
Top Bottom