Cheap Gopro Soonsun filters - Are they any good?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
timeandtide

timeandtide

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all, Filters question. I have just ordered a Soonsun set from Lazada (also available from ali express etc). I was wondering if anyone has any experience with them? Its a very cheap option so not so worried if they are a bust but wanted to see if anyone has used them with success?

Backscatter seems very popular - any other providers I should look out for? Will post results from my next trip in November if there is interest.

Shop Filters & Lens Cap for GoPro Hero 6 5 4 3+ 3 2 1 Camera

Hi,

Mine worked great, the only issue I had was bubbles trapped between the filter and the GoPro case. This is more of a user problem than a product problem. Good luck!!!

The filter colors from the photos look correct. Hopefully you'll get the same. I've ordered cheap filters advertised as "for underwater" on eBay and what I received didn't match the product photos. It was just a red filter, not light orange, as it needs to be for blue water.

The main issue with these filters, Backscatter or other, is that they scratch up very easily. Scratches don't show up on the images/video, but they do slightly degrade the sharpness.

Please, do share your results. I'm also about to purchase filters and I'm shopping for what's good.

I hope they give you super results!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom