Any Full Face Mask Distinctive Specialty Courses in NY/NJ/PA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is an instructor in Allentown that does the FFM cert - I have a friend that got his for the Fire Department Dive team. I could track him down if you want.
Not too far down the street from me... do you know his name and what shop he's out of?

I'll be doing some ice diving this year and would like to have one more tool in my toolkit.

Manni-yunk, were you able to dig up the name?

PM sent with contact info. Also - Phillydave from this thread - since he has a shop and sells OTS - might be able to get you into a pool to try it out - then provide the training. Maube you could work a deal as part of the FFM purchase through him.

In my experience - your not getting the Guardian for less than list price - unless you stumble across a very rare deal (I got a deal which was all about buying multiple FFMs at the same time, and being at the right place at the right time).

Unfortunately every lead so far has come up bust. None of the shops that are local and claim to offer the course have an instructor for the PADI course.

My dive buddy wants to learn FFM and get his Master Diver too. So the PADI c-card would be ideal but I'm getting really close to checking out other agencies' courses as well.

Unfortunately every lead so far has come up bust. None of the shops that are local and claim to offer the course have an instructor for the PADI course.

My dive buddy wants to learn FFM and get his Master Diver too. So the PADI c-card would be ideal but I'm getting really close to checking out other agencies' courses as well.

I was under the impression that the one I sent you did the Padi cert - my friend trained with him for his Padi FFM which I think was required for the dive team, but I could have been wrong.

Why is the cert so important to you? Just curiously - I have 100+ dives on a guardian FFM and never bothered with a cert.

I was under the impression that the one I sent you did the Padi cert - my friend trained with him for his Padi FFM which I think was required for the dive team, but I could have been wrong.

Why is the cert so important to you? Just curiously - I have 100+ dives on a guardian FFM and never bothered with a cert.
I haven't been able to get ahold of the shop you sent me. Every call goes to voicemail and every email bounces.

The certification is not important for me. It is to my dive buddy, so I figured we could knock it out together.

I don't know if you ever got your class or not, but I teach the course and I travel to Dutch pretty often.

I don't know if you ever got your class or not, but I teach the course and I travel to Dutch pretty often.
I did not... will check with my dive buddy to see if he's still interested. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom