Any fossilers wanna show off some photos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike hope to get my dry suit back this week. Want to try the Edisto again soon? I did notice that the water is up a bit, but hopefully it won,t stay up too long. I,m willing to try any day the air temp is in the high 60,s or better.

Mike hope to get my dry suit back this week. Want to try the Edisto again soon? I did notice that the water is up a bit, but hopefully it won,t stay up too long. I,m willing to try any day the air temp is in the high 60,s or better.

What's the matter Phill, 50 degree water wasn't good enough for ya? LOL I am game to go, doesn't matter, Edisto, Cooper, Wando, I don't care.

picture this: it is New Years Eve and Phill and I are in the Edisto with wet suits in 50 degree water. I forgot my hood and all I had was a neoprene beanie so I wore that on my head. We boiled river water on the boat to pour in our wetsuits between dives, lol Now THAT is my new definition of crazy~!

Cooper river is 56 degrees today

Does anyone make their own lead weights?

I was thinking of either getting a mold and make my own weights or just buying some different mesh bags and filling them with lead shot.

Does anyone make their own lead weights?

I was thinking of either getting a mold and make my own weights or just buying some different mesh bags and filling them with lead shot.

We had a guy here in Gastonia, NC that use to go to tire dealerships and get the lead that they removed from rims when performing a new balance. He got the old lead for free and melted it down to make weights.

Mike I have two and five lb. molds, I,ve got plenty of lead also. Thanks Tony. I,ll try and post more pictures. Noy nessarily all my finds, butr most will be. P5040006.jpgP1010008.jpgP1010009.jpg

Mike , I tried to make my own soft weights last year . I purchaced the premade mesh bags with the nylon coating .. If you make your own be sure to get the same material that the sea pearl brand bags are made of . The bags with the nylon seperate and release the lead shot .

Scubadaddee, thanks for posting the pics . I think everyone is getting the bottom time fever from what it sounds . If any one out there has any connections on a boat motor im needin a bigger motor on the ole dive boat . Im only using a 35 johnson right now which is a tough engine but takes soooooo long to get to my dive sights . I would like to have at least a 50 or maybe a little bigger .. And as CHEAP as possible ..

Rich, the last time I needed a motor I looked in the carolina trader an bought a olded bass boat for the motor. Was looking through a 5 gal bucket of frags this afernoon and found two great whites! one was 15/8 the other was 17/8. Need to go through more of my junk I guess!...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom