Any fossilers wanna show off some photos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Cypress fossil show today was a hit (with me anyways). Saw many old fossiling friends (Phil, Bob, Kim, and Patrick). Mike.. sorry we missed each other, Phil told me you were there. He said he had just finished talking to you.

I heard a couple of rumors while at the show. Was talking to Patrick about his National Geographic footage and large high dollar teeth and he told me Eberlein has a very high dollar tooth. I am guessing it is the pristine Meg he has measuring 6.94 inches. I also heard fossils were being washed into a pocket (in the Wando) just below where you referenced the location of the red Megs. Kim confirmed the location for me. The story is, they were hauling em out by the bucket full. We may have to dive this spot.

Phil in anxious to get in the water (good to know someone like that)

Sorting through lots of video from today. Will post them as I find ones I think worthy. Sorry about the poor quality resolution. My old camera is about ready for the bone yard

part of Bob's (Myrtle Beach) collection

this is part of Kim's (Black River Fossils) massive collection. love the red one

smooth Meg. very pretty

large complete Meg. thick. quality

Last edited:
Thanks for the vids. Lee . I was on my way down to the river house when I got called on a family emergency and couldnt make it . I was lookin forward to the show and to meeting all of you all .. I do believe we will have our chance to meet this year on our own fossil show on the bottom of the river .. I would like to plan a weekend trip sometime in the future for you guys to meet up with me and Daniel on my boat for a day or two of divin .. The only thing needin set up at the house is my cascade system .

really wish I coulda made this show......oh well the vids. will hold me over till the next one! thanks lee

The Cypress fossil show today was a hit (with me anyways). Saw many old fossiling friends (Phil, Bob, Kim, and Patrick). Mike.. sorry we missed each other, Phil told me you were there. He said he had just finished talking to you.

I heard a couple of rumors while at the show. Was talking to Patrick about his National Geographic footage and large high dollar teeth and he told me Eberlein has a very high dollar tooth. I am guessing it is the pristine Meg he has measuring 6.94 inches. I also heard fossils were being washed into a pocket (in the Wando) just below where you referenced the location of the red Megs. Kim confirmed the location for me. The story is, they were hauling em out by the bucket full. We may have to dive this spot.

Phil in anxious to get in the water (good to know someone like that)

Sorting through lots of video from today. Will post them as I find ones I think worthy. Sorry about the poor quality resolution. My old camera is about ready for the bone yard

Yup, I was talking with Kim and Phill and the others. The wifey gave me the go ahead to start looking for a decent mastodon tooth to buy for my small but growing collection so I am on the hunt for that.

Rich and Mud, we'll all get together soon and get on the bottom and start finding some fossils. I just hope this year I do not run into more breathing problems due to my allergies to yellow pine pollen. I am going to start eating local honey this year to see if this will help out.

Cannot wait to hook up with everyone and get in the water. I am going through withdraws over here, LO

I would like to plan a weekend trip sometime in the future for you guys to meet up with me and Daniel on my boat for a day or two of divin .

Thank you very much for the invitation.

Check this out, yesterday I was driving to the fossil show when my fossil radar started kickin in. I was driving through the country side and my radar started picking up a Cooper river access point. After the fossil show I though i would follow my instincts. So i drove about, made two wrong turns, then BINGO. There it was, a public site i did not know existed. River view, picnic table (for scuba gear set-up), stairwell-access down into the Cooper river.

I have dove this area by boat. Its about 15ft to 25ft max, flat, sanded-in. The bottom in the deeper parts looks almost exactly like the photo of the waters edge. I found here, hand blown bottles with blob tops, sharks teeth, an Indian spear point, an arrowhead, and Civil war uniform buttons.

I would take a compass, a reel, and definitely tow a dive flag. If you venture into the boat path, take precautions in regards to your dive flag/cord. Saw a Manatee running along the edge here. Just remembered, there is a old wooden French shipwreck here also, mostly buried. Only a few long large timbers are exposed.

Public walk-in photos

Last edited:
found this beauty posted on Facebook by Eberlein. does it look like a heart or what?

a%3E

I have to say the ricks are by far my fav. teeth...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom