Any feedbacks with the gopro hero black 13 while diving ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Helluva title. But it makes no sense.

I think he means if anyone has feedback after using the GP 13 underwater diving.

[Just corrected the title, sorry ))

QUOTE="BoltSnap, post: 10377454, member: 147861"]
I think he means if anyone has feedback after using the GP 13 underwater diving.
[/QUOTE]

[Just corrected the title, sorry ))

QUOTE="BoltSnap, post: 10377454, member: 147861"]

We all want to know 🙂

@funscuba

Check this article. I haven't read it yet so I can't comment on the article:

Only dived the 12 (not very different from 13) a couple of times now, but a few preliminary takeaways:

The Backscatter settings guide seems mostly appropriate.
The log (10-bit) mode works if you are prepared to do manual color grading in a program such as Resolve, but there will still be limits to how far you can 'push' the data under ambient/low light conditions.
The log LUT from GoPro is trash for any of my underwater media so far.

The native acquisition seems to actually be fisheye, with an 8:7 aspect ratio. You can get this back by setting the GoPro to the most 'neutral' settings possible (except exposure comp, keep that below 0), and then using the Gyroflow standalone (or Resolve plugin) and setting the lens correction to 0. After managing to do this, I get pretty decent perspective underwater with a mild fisheye look and no need for external lens add-ons. (But still experimenting.)

I had the Gopro hero black 7 which I sold, videos while diving were okeish, reasonable. I also had the Flip with multiple different colors, sorry but was kindda disappointing, unless I didn't set the Gopro correctly for when using the Flip. In the end I lost the Flip while jumping from the boat to the water, and I doubt I will buy a new Flip after that.
So my question is, is the 13 a big improvement to the 7 or it will be more or less the same quality of footage UW ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom