any experiences diving w/Taman Sari, Pemuteran, Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

opalobsidian

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello!

My husband and I are barely open water certified, and want to do some diving when we are in Bali in June. After having read some great posts about Menjangan Island, we realised we'd stayed near there before, in Pemuteran (which doesn't seem to be on any of the online maps I saw of NW Bali) While in Pemuteran about 5 years ago, we stayed at Taman Sari and loved the place, but were not divers then so don't remember there being anything about a dive operation there.

Has anyone stayed there recently, and made dives with them? Since we are such fresh new divers we really need a DM who will keep an eye on us!

Terima Kasih!
Pamela

There are a couple of recent trip reports from Bali / Menjangan posted on this forum. If you search for Menjangan you'll come up with them.

opalobsidian:
Hello!

My husband and I are barely open water certified, and want to do some diving when we are in Bali in June. After having read some great posts about Menjangan Island, we realised we'd stayed near there before, in Pemuteran

I dived there last year with Reef Scene in Permuteran, we checked out a handful of other ops in that area but most of them seem to be attached to very pricey hotels and their prices were just too high. Reef Scene were very good and a lot better value, our dive guide was English and I have no complaints at all.

Phil TK

I dove in Oct of 04 with Reef Scene and also stayed at Taman Sari. It was wonderful! The dive shop is just a short walk down the beach. The owner, Chris Brown is an Aussie from Cairns and runs a great operation. I was very satisfied with the experience of the crew, the comfort of the boat and the diving was the best of the three areas in Bali we dove! My travel companion was newly certified and the DM was very attentive to his needs. Awesome coral gardens.

Hi Pamela
We also have dived with reef scene and a great dive outfit. You could also try Mimpi Resort Menjangan, it is located much closer to Menjangan Island, with less travelling by boat to get there. Mimpi is located on the edge of a mangrove-lined lagoon that has acess to the sea, Menjangan is directly offshorte from there, about 25 minutes by boat.
The resort is fantastic with hot tubs fed by natural springs dotted around the property, some of the rooms have a private hot tub in a garden courtyard - absolute luxury after a days diving - and terribly romantic. Its quite reasonably priced and the dive staff are excellent, ask for Uki (young Japanese lady), she is one of the best I've seen.
Check out their website

Hi Pamela,

I find you in Bali now...
I fully agree with Jeff. Mimpi Resort Menjangan is a superb place, affordable, quiet. I was there last April. I did not take the villa with private tub, and I still think it was a mistake. You do not have a lot of options for food around the place, but it is good, so why bother?

If you do not have dozens of dives, this area is very good for diving. Other places in Bali might be trickier...

Enjoy yourself...

There is no house reef at Mimpi Menjangan. The closest is the mucky pier with lots of razor fish. They still do have a great dive center.

Pemuteran Taman Sari has a dive center. The BioRock reef is quite interesting just in front of Taman Sari.

ReefScene is also great. I have dived with all 3 DC and have no compaints for either of them.

ReefScene additionally have horses you can ride into the hills or along the beach. It also houses a turtle hatchery.

WOW!

Thanks so much for the great advice everyone! I went to the Reef Seen's website, and it looks wonderful! Also, it appears that they do alot of ecological work there as well, such as reef resoration and helping out the sea turtles. That in itself won me over!

Terima kasih banyak, dan sampai jumpah!
Pamela

Back
Top Bottom