Any experience with Trshbg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thrshbg is 20% off right now on the PADI site. Put it in your cart and then use the code EARTH20 to get the discount. I have about 200 dives on my original Trshbg and have a couple of back-ups for visitors to use. It really is a great solution. Almost every item on my Instagram page traveled via my Trshbg.

IMG_5578.jpg

My review on it so far.
I wish there were an elasticised section on the main belt. It's hard to keep it tight, and it slips down.

Also the Velcro at the bottom tends to rub on my wetsuit leg a bit damaging the fabric

Elastic on the waist is a great idea. Mine sags also, combination of being full of lead and being hard to get tight enough without being restrictive. I wonder is there is such a thing as an elastic belt extender?

Elastic on the waist is a great idea. Mine sags also, combination of being full of lead and being hard to get tight enough without being restrictive. I wonder is there is such a thing as an elastic belt extender?
That looks like standard 1-inch webbing? If it was my personal one, I'd probably cut the webbing, insert and sew a few inches of 1-inch elastic. As far as an "insert", that kind of hardware is really inexpensive but you'd have to find a 1-inch clip that matches the original or replace the original clip hardware.

The short-story is it would be simple for someone like me who has experience sewing webbing, but finding something "out of the box" that's compatible would be more challenging. I suppose you could always pay a local tailor to do that job.

edit: The other thing I might do is sew "belt loops" which allow it to slide over 2-inch webbing common on BCD harnesses.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom