Any experience with Trshbg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agreed. What I see the most are plastic cups, like the flimsy white ones and wrappers… these would probably fit nicely in that trshbg.

As an aside, the “pop can” made me smile: I learnt that pop was soda when I moved to Canada in 2012. Wish it was used internationally more often!

LOL! My husband didn't even know what "pop" was when he moved to the US. He's from the Toronto area. We also used "soda" up north (Chicago area), but I still knew what pop was, probably due to traveling south so often as a kid.

@tmrqs That bag looks really great. I'd love to see reviews from and SB members. My BC happened to come with a collection pocket. I just have to open the pocket and push the mesh out and I have a nicely integrated collection bag. It's quite a good size as well, but IDK if I can put a soda can in it without smashing it just due to the size of the opening. Mostly I've found plastic bags and small bits of plastic.

I'd be curious to hear about how well this works for people in dry suits with pockets (which is what I currently use to collect trash, but I'd prefer another alternative).

I'd be curious to hear about how well this works for people in dry suits with pockets (which is what I currently use to collect trash, but I'd prefer another alternative).

That's why I use a catch bag, I actually have stuff in my pockets

That's why I use a catch bag, I actually have stuff in my pockets
I do as well. I try to pick up trash on my way back. I should instead take a catch bag and do an occasional garbage run where I fill it up.

Alright, placed the order, will provide you with an update once I receive it!

Edit: PADI.com also sells it and collabs are usually excluded from any discount. But for Earth Day, all eco-friendly gear is 25% off - and the trshbg is included in the discounted items! :D

I went to order one from PADI also. With the discount code OCEAN20 it is 20% off, but then the shipping is $15! Sorry but that does not compute for me. Honestly I question why this company is not a non-profit. Anyway I look forward to your review tmrqs.

I went to order one from PADI also. With the discount code OCEAN20 it is 20% off, but then the shipping is $15! Sorry but that does not compute for me. Honestly I question why this company is not a non-profit. Anyway I look forward to your review tmrqs.

The shipping fees are absurd on PADI.

With the code EARTHDAY21, the bags are 25% off today and tomorrow.
As I ordered 2 (one for my girlfriend and one for me), it brings the cost of each Trshbg below their price on the Trshbg website.

I’ll let you know if they’re worth it.
Can’t wait to get them now!

Those look like they would be great for tooth hunters in Venice.
Most of the shops in the vacinity sell purpose made bags. The holes on this bag look like they might be a bit on the large side. Typical tooth bags are a very fine mesh, maybe only slightly larger than you'd have on a window screen. The top closes completely with velcro and they have a sewn on plastic clip. I've got a few of those, tooth hunting dives being the only "free" shore dive in my area...
heavy_duty_mesh_collection_bag13281_7968_th.jpg

I only collect big teeth...:rofl3:

I thought the holes might be a little large for the smallest of teeth too but I liked the way there bag was opened with that one way pass through. I've used the little bags and opening them for every tooth when you get on a bed of smalls gets tedious. It would be nice to just have a push through opening that kind of closed itself.

I might have to order one to try it out. I wish they were on Amazon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom