Any experience with Trshbg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I certainly like the concept. Unfortunately, I have been diving in places where there's so much trash that every diver every day on every dive still wouldn't be able to get it all. Which is not to say that we shouldn't try. Ergo, I'm looking into this and like you, hope that we have some Scubaboard members that are familiar with this product and will speak up here.

As an aside, I found it unfortunate, that in the video, the first thing that was picked up was a pop can. Those and bottles are the last things that I pick up because chances are good that it has become some critters home.

As an aside, I found it unfortunate, that in the video, the first thing that was picked up was a pop can. Those and bottles are the last things that I pick up because chances are good that it has become some critters home.

Agreed. What I see the most are plastic cups, like the flimsy white ones and wrappers… these would probably fit nicely in that trshbg.

As an aside, the “pop can” made me smile: I learnt that pop was soda when I moved to Canada in 2012. Wish it was used internationally more often!

Buying (and therefore encouraging a manufacturer to make) more trash in the name of collecting trash? No thanks. There are plenty of mesh bags that come with scuba products that are perfect for trash collection. I've used mesh bags that scubapro booties come inside for years. That's far from the only scuba product I've purchased which came in a mesh bag. Add a 50 cent carbiner or other clip to attach it and you're done.

Reusing existing stuff is at the core of conservation and recycling.

This (not my photo):
s-l500.jpg

I just use a catch bag. The amount of mask and gloves I'm finding pisses me off.

Buying (and therefore encouraging a manufacturer to make) more trash in the name of collecting trash? No thanks. There are plenty of mesh bags that come with scuba products that are perfect for trash collection. I've used mesh bags that scubapro booties come inside for years. That's far from the only scuba product I've purchased which came in a mesh bag. Add a 50 cent carbiner or other clip to attach it and you're done.

This (not my photo):
View attachment 654717

The bag is made from recycled product.

Agree generic mesh bags work well but it would be nice to have something that attaches better. Using a biner to attach a random mesh bag means you have a dangly bit. My question would be whether it can be turned inside out. It's very hard to get stuff out of mesh bags without turning them inside out, especially if it is fishing line. Line and weight collection is my bag.

Agree generic mesh bags work well but it would be nice to have something that attaches better. Using a biner to attach a random mesh bag means you have a dangly bit. My question would be whether it can be turned inside out. It's very hard to get stuff out of mesh bags without turning them inside out, especially if it is fishing line. Line and weight collection is my bag.

That was also my concern with a regular mesh bag, the drag and inherent risk of getting caught on something.

I may just buy one of these and see how they perform, they have a zip on the side to easily empty them.

If so, I’ll report back with my findings!

Buying (and therefore encouraging a manufacturer to make) more trash in the name of collecting trash? No thanks.

Absolutely!

What I like about this solution is that they seem to be mostly made from recycled materials - also giving jobs to people in the process.

That was also my concern with a regular mesh bag, the drag and inherent risk of getting caught on something.

I may just buy one of these and see how they perform, they have a zip on the side to easily empty them.

If so, I’ll report back with my findings!

Please do I'm curious enough

Back
Top Bottom