Any experience with Konaquatica?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubawife

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've seen ads for Konaquatica in recent issues of Scuba Diving and Sport Diver. I went to check out their website but it's under construction. Does anyone know this shop? Dived with them? Any opinions?

We'll be on the Big Island the first week of Aug. with another couple, also divers but not as avid as we are. We're hoping for 3 or 4 boat dives. I've looked at Jacks and Wanna Dive, but haven't booked anything yet.

Hmm, getting the idea that either nobody's heard of this operation, nobody's used them or nobody has anything good to say about them? If you have any info, please reply of PM. Hawaii is a new destination for me and none of my diving friends have been there either, so I'm really flying blind with my planning.

Thanks. Appreciate any info I can get.

Hmmm, I wonder where they are. Call the toll free # late in the afternoon from New York, Hawai’i is way, way out west.

This is a new dive operation. Jim is a great guy. He had asked me to run his boat on weekends but I left the islands. He has spared no expense in rigging his new boat and has all brand new rental gear if you need it. I wouldn't hesitate to recomend diving with him.

Thanks Wildcard! I did send an email on Friday, so if I don't hear back by Tuesday I'll give them a call to get some details on times on prices. We've got our own gear, but the friends we are meeting in Hawaii have been traveling around the world for just about a year and will be renting gear.

I have no problem with using a new operation, as long as I get a positive recommendation.

Redrover, since you're a local, can I ask who you usually dive with?

I can give you his personal cell phone number if needed...Locals usualy just shore dive. Look on shorediving.come for maps. DO NOT miss out on the manta dive! That one you need to do from a boat. Avoid Kohala Divers, way too spendy and not very nice people IMHO. We had a couple of bad dealings. Enjoy your vacation!

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?p=1043016#post1043016
I want to mention I haven’t experienced other dive operations. Until I have more experience I want to stick with people that know me. I honestly have not heard any operator is bad. And from what I’ve read from Wildcard, I respect his opinion.

Wildcard, thanks again for the info. Jim did send me a very nice email with all the details I need. Now I've just got to decide who to go with - Konaquatica or Wanna Dive. There are 4 of us and we'd prefer to go with a smaller operation. Whomever we choose, I'll be sure to report back on how it went. My husband and I are more avid divers then the other couple, and since we're also schlepping all our gear, we'll probably want to get in a couple shore dives as well.

Let me know if you do shore on a weekend and wouldn't mind a tag along.
Aloha

For shore dives Two step and Puako are hard to beat. The harbor dive is also pretty good. A lot of people like old airport but Iv dove it several times and wasen't that impressed. If you get a chance to go north the Kohola coast is very nice! Just avoid Kohola divers! I wonder how much business I have cost them? They should have just refunded my money for the defective rental gear.

Back
Top Bottom