Any experience with Advanced Diving Products Dynamo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GregT

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

A local dive shop that I've been favorably impressed with is advocating this line of regulators. I'm looking for second opinions and have found nothing out here in cyberland. Does anyone have experience or knowledge about these? Thanks,

Greg

There was a discussion about these awhile back. I want to say they are replicas of some other design such as Apeks or Scubapro but can't remember which ones.. There was a small article about them in the latest Scuba Diving magazine.

They are not replicas of any reg. There is some talk that they are made by the samecompany as Atomics. The key difference in the Dynamo regs is that they are a flow through piston with an environmental seal that does not use cristo lube. Instead it uses a series of pins in the first stage to keep it overbalanced.
As for the second stages, they can be changed from bottom to side exhaust.
They too use a unique balancing system that does the job of a manual adjustment, without the use of a knob.
I think that the desig is good. They just need to catch on.

rescuediver009:
They are not replicas of any reg. There is some talk that they are made by the samecompany as Atomics. The key difference in the Dynamo regs is that they are a flow through piston with an environmental seal that does not use cristo lube. Instead it uses a series of pins in the first stage to keep it overbalanced.
As for the second stages, they can be changed from bottom to side exhaust.
They too use a unique balancing system that does the job of a manual adjustment, without the use of a knob.
I think that the desig is good. They just need to catch on.

I couldn't remember what the rumor was. I for some reason though they were a replica. Oh well....at least now we know...

Back
Top Bottom