any divers up for the PLUNGE this Sat 1/29 ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Md Spear

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
MSP Polar Bear Plunge - January 29, 2011

yesterday I was on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge and saw this enormous tent complex at Sandy Point State Park. Huge sign Plunge Sat 1/26. I had been to the Judge Yatchs boat factory in Denton Md to talk about making a new dive boat and was on my way home.

This is a charity fund raiser . Good news is I saw ICE at the shores of the Bay so harmful bacteria in the Bay should be killed off or at minute levels right now.

Im to big a pussy for this adventure :D, but ya 'll have fun!!!

Can I wear my drysuit?

Can I wear my drysuit?

thats funny sh#t there... well its snowin like all get out now . so ......the dive show sat in Baltimore looks like a way to beat cabin fever . and the boat show is there too!!!!

Can I wear my drysuit?

The news footage that I've seen of past polar bear plunges there show folks standing in the water as guards wearing dry suits. I guess to make sure that no one confuses the event with the Bay Bridge Swim and starts heading for Kent Island...

The ones in drysuits were for safety. Some of the Plungers like to dive in shallow water. Others like to swim out more than they should in the cold water temps. It can be interesting watching the plungers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom