Any dive center on Kangaroo Island ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BazzaB

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
We were there in 2013, but will be going back somewhere in may next year.
The place we went before (Kangaroo Island Dive and Adventures) does not seem to exists anymore.
Won't be taking any gear, so need a place were we can rent.

Thanks

Hi BazzaB,

I live in South Australia. As far as I know, the dive store in Kingscote was open as recently as 2015 as some friends visited it. I do not think it was open in late 2016 because my memory of a discussion with a European visitor who had just returned from Kangaroo Island indicated that it was closed. I suggest you contact Divers Service in Adelaide and ask if its store on Kangaroo Island is open - please refer Dive Courses, Diving, Dive Equipment Sales and service Adelaide South Australia - Divers Services. Otherwise, I suggest that you rent equipment from one of the dive stores in Adelaide and take it to Kangaroo Island. You can get cylinders filled at Jamieson Marine in Kingscote - please refer Service | Jamieson Marine.

Thanks mate,

Will be flying into KI, so renting in Adelaide is not an option.
We realy want to see the leafy/weedy sea dragon.
Have to put together some kind of itinerary, and don't want to take the risk of the dive center being closed next year.
Maybe we will plan to do a dive or 2 in Melbourne.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom