Any Clay Aiken fans on the board?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Everyone who makes it big gets taken advantage of... That's how it works.

I worked for a signed band for a while...

Though I'm nowhere near the age limit listed, I am a Clay fan. I've never been to a concert of his though so I'm not familiar with Ethel. :) Salt in the wound here I'm sure, but I love American Idol too. :D

howarde:
Not only am I not a fan, but IMO people who get a shortcut through the music biz don't deserve it. Many bands spend years and years working hard to make it in the business, and fail. American Idol is a cheap fast way to the top, with many who don't deserve it.

I couldn't have said it better.

Wow.....I hope not!

Joe

Just because you work hard for years and years doesn't mean you deserve squat in return. If you work smart then you get somewhere. Getting yourself on TV through American Idol to be noticed...either for good or bad is smart....bouncing from one bar to the next for 15 years and getting pissed at the world for not being noticed...well, thats not smart.

Besides, its not like this was a small competition....thousands and thousands of people try out. I'm not even a Clay fan nor an American Idol fan..although Kelly Clarkson is hot....good lord. :)

I've never even heard him sing nor have I watched American Idol but it's so much fun to see the joy my friend and co-worker gets from listening to him, talking about him and attending his concerts. She ends up on stage at each concert she attends, the body guards actually seek her out. I guess there was recently a meet-n-greet and people won the opportunity through a radio station as well as an online drawing to meet him before a concert. Ethel wanted to win but each time an online name was drawn she posted her congratulations on the message board. She said she was really disappointed when the final name was drawn and she had not won. The next day she had an email saying Clay requested her presence at the meet-n-greet, she didn't win but got a personal invitation instead. There were 15 people in the line before the concert and they had all been told they could have one picture, one item signed and they were not to chit-chat due to time constraints. She was waiting in line when security asked her to go to the back of the line and though she was confused she complied. Once her turn came she found out why she had been asked to relinquish her spot, she was able to take more than one picture and have a couple of things signed including the big stuffed bear in a Clay shirt that she brings to work sometimes. She has a really cool picture of Clay giving her a really big hug. This was a great morale boost for her since her son had just called saying he was being re-deployed to Iraq.

I was just curious about whether anyone from this board happened to be familiar with one of my favorite co-workers.
Ber :lilbunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom