Any charter boats left on Cape Cod?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver8492

Registered
Reaction score
Been going through the Interwebz, and I see that a the operations that used to be on Cape Cod have shut down. Anyone know if there are boats still around on the Cape...I was going to spend some vacation time there, so I don't want to drive to Boston to get on a boat. Thanks!

I live on the cape near Barnstable Harbor. I do see a large boat with a dive flag on it. I can ask for you but it won't be before the weekend. Let me know.

Thanks! I would appreciate it. I have to decide if I am going to the cape or driving to the Florida Keys by August 28th.

Diver8492, I'll check tomorrow and let you know what I find out. Don't dive up here so surprised the choice is either cape cod or florida keys :)
:D but I am a wuss diver.

Its the drive and possible hurricanes that balance out-- I enjoy bike riding and kayaking and hate to rent everything if I take a flight. But thanks for checking...I hear that doing a drift dive out near the Race is pretty good.

Its the drive and possible hurricanes that balance out-- I enjoy bike riding and kayaking and hate to rent everything if I take a flight. But thanks for checking...I hear that doing a drift dive out near the Race is pretty good.

Especially if Large Marge is stalking the area as she does daily during the summer.

Diver8492,
Unfortunately the boat called the Yahoo the owner died recently diving in NC. So the boat just sits for now. I am told by the harbor master that
one of the charter boats may go out but he is good person to talk with anyway "Lucky Lady II" John Carty 508-362-1249. Not much good about diving as mentioned but biking and kayaking are great on cape cod. Can see interest. sorry didn't find out more. have used dive shop sea sports in hyannis for some things but not for diving per se. (508-790-1217).
again sorry didn't find out more info.

Diver8492,
Unfortunately the boat called the Yahoo the owner died recently diving in NC. So the boat just sits for now. I am told by the harbor master that
one of the charter boats may go out but he is good person to talk with anyway "Lucky Lady II" John Carty 508-362-1249. Not much good about diving as mentioned but biking and kayaking are great on cape cod. Can see interest. sorry didn't find out more. have used dive shop sea sports in hyannis for some things but not for diving per se. (508-790-1217).
again sorry didn't find out more info.

Thanks so much for taking the time. Do you know anyone who rents outboards suitable for diving? I found one place in Provincetown that has smaller boats, but they don't seem to answer my emails. I have found a few good dives in the harbors, weather permitting. Of course, if you have any recommendations for small boat dives, I would love to hear them.

---------- Post added August 17th, 2014 at 10:16 PM ----------

Especially if Large Marge is stalking the area as she does daily during the summer.

Well, I have never seen seals along the bay side of the Over sands vehicle area--whales and porpoises though (of course there seem to be plenty of seals on the Atlantic side, and, curiously, they always in close enough to get on the beach).

Nor I have seen any around Hatches harbor south of the Over sand vehicle area although Im sure there is plenty of hooked bait. But I have only been there for a few days.

How many shark sightings are there on the bay side within sight of shore?

DIVER8492,
Sorry don't dive here so can't really help.

Thanks so much for taking the time. Do you know anyone who rents outboards suitable for diving? I found one place in Provincetown that has smaller boats, but they don't seem to answer my emails. I have found a few good dives in the harbors, weather permitting. Of course, if you have any recommendations for small boat dives, I would love to hear them.

---------- Post added August 17th, 2014 at 10:16 PM ----------

Well, I have never seen seals along the bay side of the Over sands vehicle area--whales and porpoises though (of course there seem to be plenty of seals on the Atlantic side, and, curiously, they always in close enough to get on the beach).

Nor I have seen any around Hatches harbor south of the Over sand vehicle area although Im sure there is plenty of hooked bait. But I have only been there for a few days.

How many shark sightings are there on the bay side within sight of shore?

Ask the researchers there that are tracking them on the Atlantic side, quite a few there as I hear it. The largest being marge at 18' a big mama. Last time I went whale watching out of Ptown there was a nice fat seal laying on the sand at the tip of Race Point. I don't remember hearing anything about tracking on the bay side. However there ain't no fences down there. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom