Any blue water, good viz ocean diving north of Jupiter, FL?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh our conditions can get rocking! Depending up which inlet a boat uses, many of the boats will go out in 3-5' or maybe even 4-6' seas (depending upon the period, tide, direction, etc.) if they know the people on the boat can handle it. That is one reason I check first. If the conditions are more than I feel like tackling, I'll cancel because the boat may not.
Coincidentally, my roughest go at sea diving to date was in FL go figure, in the Keys of all places. It might have been me, my wife and I were the only ones.

Now I have a pretty full proof system (knocks on wood) to not get seasick. edit: scopolamine(sp?) and eating something light before does me great.

...24 hours of car travel on a weekend makes for a long Monday at work!
You might want to look at SeaVentures in Atlanta. I've met some of their people on the West Palm dive boats. They have a really cool program where you get on this huge motor coach they own (bathroom & Kitchen too). The bus driver drives through out the night both ways to & fro Florida so you sleep and wake up at your dive destination. The divers I talked to said it was a blast and they could not do it cheaper on their own for a 3-4 day weekend trip. Must be good because it gets sold out alot.

You might want to look at SeaVentures in Atlanta. I've met some of their people on the West Palm dive boats. They have a really cool program where you get on this huge motor coach they own (bathroom & Kitchen too). The bus driver drives through out the night both ways to & fro Florida so you sleep and wake up at your dive destination. The divers I talked to said it was a blast and they could not do it cheaper on their own for a 3-4 day weekend trip. Must be good because it gets sold out alot.
Sounds great, I will check it out!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom