Any big difference between Jupiter and West Palm Beach?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guys -

Thanks for all the responses (and sorry for acknowledging so late!). Jupiter it is. I had a feeling that's what everyone would suggest but was just making sure. On the plane now to Miami, should have 2 dives in this time tomorrow!

I'll be diving with JDC in 3 weeks. I can't wait. Enjoy the dives!

the west palm marina in riviera beach is good -- i think narcosis and at least 1 or 2 others operate out of there... and blue heron bridge is right around the corner.

Guys -

Thanks for all the responses (and sorry for acknowledging so late!). Jupiter it is. I had a feeling that's what everyone would suggest but was just making sure. On the plane now to Miami, should have 2 dives in this time tomorrow!
Have fun sea conditions should be perfect. Hope the vis gets better than it has been.

the west palm marina in riviera beach is good -- i think narcosis and at least 1 or 2 others operate out of there... and blue heron bridge is right around the corner.

The last time I was there, I saw 4 dive boats. Narcosis, Sandy's Sunday, a new op that a friend liked called Sea Pup, and 1 other. Unfortunately, the Tiki restaurant is being torn down and closes July 6th. The marina is called Riviera Beach Marina and is on 13th street in Riviera Beach--a stones throw north of the Port of Palm Beach. Blue Heron Bridge is within sight and there are several dive shops in the area as well as Lake Park Marina a mile north off of US1 with more dive boats.

The last time I was there, I saw 4 dive boats. Narcosis, Sandy's Sunday, a new op that a friend liked called Sea Pup, and 1 other. Unfortunately, the Tiki restaurant is being torn down and closes July 6th. The marina is called Riviera Beach Marina and is on 13th street in Riviera Beach--a stones throw north of the Port of Palm Beach. Blue Heron Bridge is within sight and there are several dive shops in the area as well as Lake Park Marina a mile north off of US1 with more dive boats.

One of the perks of diving Narcosis was lunch at the Tiki Hut. This is a a definite bummer.

Quick update - dove Jupiter Friday morning. Liked it. It was different from what I am used to (Key Largo) with the drift dive, structure of the reef, etc. However, no sharks or big stuff! LOL, just my luck. Drove 2 hours from my base in southern Dade County but struck out with the big stuff (although some other people saw some sharks). Oh well. I like Jupiter for the different style of diving but it's just too far for me to go back to on a regular basis, especially if the sharks avoid me. Nobody's fault though!

Quick update - dove Jupiter Friday morning. Liked it. It was different from what I am used to (Key Largo) with the drift dive, structure of the reef, etc. However, no sharks or big stuff! LOL, just my luck. Drove 2 hours from my base in southern Dade County but struck out with the big stuff (although some other people saw some sharks). Oh well. I like Jupiter for the different style of diving but it's just too far for me to go back to on a regular basis, especially if the sharks avoid me. Nobody's fault though!
Sometimes other divers will scare the sharks away, sorry you didn't see any. Do you remember which sites you dove? I almost always see sharks at Area 51.

Sometimes other divers will scare the sharks away, sorry you didn't see any. Do you remember which sites you dove? I almost always see sharks at Area 51.
Ugh, I am embarassed to say I do not know the sites. We were going to go to a regular site (I THINK they said Tunnells) but think we switched courses as we went out.

Ugh, I am embarassed to say I do not know the sites. We were going to go to a regular site (I THINK they said Tunnells) but think we switched courses as we went out.

My son did his OW cert in Jupiter and saw several sharks. We dove flower garden in WPB the next day where a tiger had been seen but we never saw him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom