Any Austin divers want to brave the cold?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharkster

Registered
Reaction score
Since the surface temp is dropping I'm finding it hard to locate dive buddies... the water temp is still pretty nice though. I was wondering if anyone out there would be interested in doing a night dive at Travis maybe once a week (Tue./Thurs. is best for me). I'm a PADI Rescue Diver, I mostly like to dive Mansfield Dam (free entry after 7!). I usually go deep enough to find clear water which varies day-to-day, but never below 130' and usually above 110'. I'm a pretty safe diver and I don't do anything stupid/crazy - in fact I haven't lost a buddy yet! :D Anyways if any of you Austin area folks want to get wet drop me a line.

If we were closer I would be happy to do the weekday/night dives....cold-dark-deep, all good in themselves or together.

sharkster:
Since the surface temp is dropping I'm finding it hard to locate dive buddies... the water temp is still pretty nice though. I was wondering if anyone out there would be interested in doing a night dive at Travis maybe once a week (Tue./Thurs. is best for me). I'm a PADI Rescue Diver, I mostly like to dive Mansfield Dam (free entry after 7!). I usually go deep enough to find clear water which varies day-to-day, but never below 130' and usually above 110'. I'm a pretty safe diver and I don't do anything stupid/crazy - in fact I haven't lost a buddy yet! :D Anyways if any of you Austin area folks want to get wet drop me a line.

I'd be interested, but I'm only available on weekends.. I've gone diving in Lake Travis when the temperature was around 52degrees. So, this time of the year, its still relatively warm :)

Enrique

Yep, I've almost forgotten what clear water looks like in natural sunlight! That should change this December when I hit the Andaman Islands... :D I definitely want to keep my skills sharp until then however.

FYI Austin Aqua Sports (LDS on Guadalupe) 512-453-1852 goes out to Mansfield on T/Th nights. You may want to call them.
I have not been out with them, but have talked to them about it previously.

RumBum:
FYI Austin Aqua Sports (LDS on Guadalupe) 512-453-1852 goes out to Mansfield on T/Th nights. You may want to call them.
I have not been out with them, but have talked to them about it previously.

That's actually the shop I frequent most often. I've been diving with them several times, great people to dive with but unfortunately no one has been able to make it out to the lake recently, hence the post.

My brother and I are planning to dive the dam Saturday morning. We are hoping to be out there by 9 or so.

I will also be out near the dam this weekend. I should be at the dam a little after 9 on Saturday, but depending on who is around Im willing to hang out and do some night dives and/or dive on Sunday. Any type of diving is good with me (anything through OC full trimix).

Thanks for the replies guys, unfortunately I won't be able to make it out Saturday morning. I am planning to dive Sunday however, not sure where yet but I'll post when I find out. So I guess none of you can do weekday evenings? Way more fun than sitting in traffic on 290 to Elgin... :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom