Any advise on the Destin or Panama City area appreciated.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SparkySFD

Reaction score
I would like to take my family to the Gulf Coast right after Labor Day. Any recommendations on beach house rental would be greatly appreciated.

I will be able to sneak away from the wife and kids for two days to go diving. Will be solo, so I have to break rule #1. Can you recommend any GOOD scuba operators I can hook up with? Preferably DIR types.

SparkySFD:
I would like to take my family to the Gulf Coast right after Labor Day. Any recommendations on beach house rental would be greatly appreciated.

I will be able to sneak away from the wife and kids for two days to go diving. Will be solo, so I have to break rule #1. Can you recommend any GOOD scuba operators I can hook up with? Preferably DIR types.

He said solo and DIR in the same sentence...I dont know about DIR types, but Splash and Tropical Sun have good reps in the area.

Whoa Whoa When I said solo, I mean Im not going with dive buddies I know. I will have to buddy up with someone I do not know.

Thats why I'm asking if anybody knows of a reputable company I can contact. Sorry for not being clearer.

jviehe:
He said solo and DIR in the same sentence...

well, actually... he didn't

that's two different sentences with another sentence in between for
good measure.

:cheeky:

Hey, Im going to Panama City Beach for 2 weeks this Oct. Im staying right on the beach, here's the link if you want more info. I also have additional pics the rental office sent me if you need them.
http://www.panamabeachrentals.com/gulf_house.htm
Good Luck, Be Safe

Hey! Depending on the dates you choose, let me know. I would'nt mind meeting you for a few dives.

If you come to the Destin area talk to either Emerald Coast Scuba or Scubatech. The former runs two boats, one smaller (more personal) the other larger. Scubatech runs a cattle boat in the Destin area. Both are typically running two and sometimes three (includign a night dive) trips daily at that time of year.

Or, if you're in the area, look me up. If the weather is nice I'll be out there and you'd be welcome to come diving with me/us.

mikswi & Genesis

I will definately try to look you guys up! mikswi we are planning to arrive Sept. 11th, I had to pick vacations the other day, now I'm locked in. I may miss you if your looking at October, bummer. I like the looks of the place your staying at. We went to Bradenton Beach in '03 for my brothers wedding. Stayed at a little beach house and it was GREAT. Just like being at home, but at the beach. :)

Really looking forward to the trip. Genesis, that smaller boat might be just the ticket. The last time I was on a cattle boat was in Grand Cayman. A bunch of Cruise Ship divers were on board and they were AWFUL. One jerk swam right over me. Nearly lost my mask when he kicked me in the head. My poor wife, new to diving and I was barely able to keep them off her.

Diving with a local (in-the-know) doesnt get any better. Would appreciate it a bunch!

Genesis

I just looked at Emerald Coast Scuba's website. That looks awesome. Website says the "Under Pressure" is a six passenger boat. That is small and personal (perfect).

I've never heard what Destin had to offer for diving. I just knew I was going near the ocean and I was going in. I have fun diving in a lake with 0-20 ft. vis. and not a lot to look at. Everything I read about the dive sites they go to looks great. Wont have time but would love to do them all. Gonna be fun.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom