Any advice on the “triple stateroom” on the Nautilius Explorer or Belle Amie?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nippurmagnum

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am looking to do my first Socorro trip in January 2023, and budget is a consideration. Has anyone stayed in the “triple stateroom” on the Belle Amie or the Explorer? I did a Guadalupe trip on the Belle Amie and found the cabins a tight fit just for two people, I can’t imagine three in there … any advice?

Also, any advice on the Explorer vs. the Belle Amie generally? I thought the Belle Amie was spacious and had a good crew, but was certainly not luxurious.

I've been on both the Explorer and the Belle Amie. The Belle Amie is the best boat in the Nautilus fleet, as she's the biggest and more roomy. The Explorer is an older, smaller boat. I did not like this boat. The cabins are super tiny. I have not stayed in the triple rooms.

I stayed in the coed triple on the Explorer in 2019. There was a larger twin bed on the floor with bunk beds opposite. There was a toilet and shower en suite. The cabin was definitely small and there was very little horizontal desk space to share for three people. I shared with two ladies, and none of us were very big. Still, t was tight and the only thing you could really do in the stateroom was sleep or lie on your back and read. There was plenty of common area upstairs which many people used. The food was good, and the crew was friendly. The initial passage was pretty long, and even though the seas were not particularly rough many people were seasick.

I went to Socorro on the Belle Amie over Christmas and it was my second trip on same boat. It’s a great boat, very stable and quiet. I would definitely go for the larger boat for the long crossing. First time I was in a upper deck premium cabin and last month in lower deck cabin. I thought the lower deck would be noisy being much closer to the engine but it was very quiet. Socorro is amazing, happy to answer any questions about the trip.
0D1CE46B-B09C-4004-8853-2BD3B142D5C3.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom