Any advice on Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for that ... any particular dive centre you recc. ?

tafflad go to the mexico area and lookup grayeagle. it may help with hotels and we could hook up.
Tafflad:
Brash & loud is not what I want ... any Hotels you can recommend ? .. or too avoid.

i'm you'r huckleberry
dlndavid:
the Cenotes near PDC are a must do dive, very easy

Tafflad:
Thanks for that ... any particular dive centre you recc. ?

Dive ops in Cozumel there are so many. It really depends on what you are looking for. Big boats, fast boats, steel tanks, aluminum tanks.

In Puerto Venturas there is a dive op called Aquanauts that run a nice dive shop and there is another dive shop called Diablo Divers who are great.

Go to Isla Cozumel. They have the BEST diving in Mexico. No matter what those new mayan riviera marketing spreads try to tell you. :wink:

check out www.innatloretobay.com it is in Loreto Baja CA south. They have a great resort and your wife can stay there while you go diving. The boat will pick you up at the beach in front of the resort. Great reef diving and great water. Not a massive tourist area and very nice.

GTB

Gotta chime in on this point too. IMHO going all the way to the Yucatan and not diving Coz is a bit of a waste. Last time I was there, the Fiesta Americana would provide the wife with a nice pool and lounge area - and snorkeling over the roadway maybe 100' from the hotel. You could do two morning dives each day, and then use the afternoon for land recreation.

I am considering the Reef Club and Fiesta Americana for March 2007.
Only me and the wife - both dive : )
Which do you suggest?
<I have no plans to dive in Cancun>
Thank You!!!

You chose the Fiesta - did you dive with the hotel or go elsewhere?

you should try puerto vallarta, lots of things to do and diving is good

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom