Any 4th of July (fireworks) dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Anybody doing any 4th of July dives?
Combo dive/watch fireworks?
:06:
One of my dive buddies, Margie,
is thinking of doing Hollywood Beach night dive?!
We were supposed to do a boat dive... but naturally dive boat are full at this late hour.

Doing one in Table Rock Lake, Branson MO. There will be a big display by a Hotel/Resort on a bluff over the lake. We'll be beneath it in the water. Woopee!

theskull

I would stay far away from the water then. The boaters will be drunk by then. Just trying to find a parking space is going to be a feat. I saw the fireworks once off Hollywood beach, took 2+ hours to get off the beach, and cars were parked a half mile from the intercoastal bridge.

Jenny,

Are the beaches really going to be that bad this weekend? Even up in Pompano and LBTS? I was planning on doing a lot of snorkeling with my wife this weekend. Please say it ain't so. At least for the early mornings.

Nate

I will be in WPB Saturday and Sunday diving on the Rampage with a group from my LDS. We are driving down on Friday and will be coming back home Monday. Looks like we will be doing two tanks Saturday, am and then back out for a two tanks after lunch. Then Saturday night a night dive for those that want to go. Sunday we will do the two tanks early morning and then go out again for two tanks after lunch.

The year before last we took a boat and went out to the intercoastal waterway and watched fireworks up and down the coast. That was way cool! Hope we get to do something like that this year.

How is the water right now? Water temps, vis? I am so excited I have trouble sleeping at night because I start thinking about being back in the water. I haven't been diving since March and I am so ready. After we get back I will have a week and half to get ready for my trip to Roatan. This weekend is just the appetizer for me to get diving again.

Bottom temps last weekend were in the mid-80's. I haven't been on a boat lately, but nearshore viz has been pretty good - in the 25-30' range.

You guys need to come a little farther south next time and do some beach diving with us. It's a great way to get in some long bottom times and the surface intervals are fantastic!

Best wishes and safe ascents,
Grier

Thanks for the temps. and all. Yeah, I wish they would consider going a bit further south. They have been making this trip to WPB for years now, it is kind of a tradition. Also, using the Rampage is a tradition with them. It is kind of like a family thing now.

I understand. I just moved from Charlotte, NC in January and have been amazed at the great diving down here that nobody to the north seems to either know or care about. There's just something about being able to walk off the beach and dive at my own pace, on my own schedule, for the price of parking and an air fill, that makes South Florida seem like a little bit of Paradise to me. I'm quickly becoming spoiled...

algal bloom:
Jenny,

Are the beaches really going to be that bad this weekend? Even up in Pompano and LBTS? I was planning on doing a lot of snorkeling with my wife this weekend. Please say it ain't so. At least for the early mornings.

Nate
I have dived over the 4th numerous times. I always try to make it an early morning dive. It just gets too congested later on in the day. If you can get a parking space after say 10am, consider yourself lucky. Its a zoo!

I agree with Jenny, As there will be no way to dive Hollywood beach, there will be about a zillion people on the 4th. Johnson street is the center area for the fireworks display as Joni and I will be part of that...

I just hope we have more then 5 minutes of fireworks this year after last years messup.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom