Antigua & Tortola Diving Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trwmodela

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Talking 8-day Cruise on the Carnival Liberty. We are in Port at Antigua, St. John Hertigage Port on Dec. 14, 2005. Also, at Tortola B.V.I. Road Town Port on Dec 15, 2005. Does anyone have any knowledge with OPs on either island? Currently, I am looking at UBS Dive Center for Tortola & Jolly Dive for Antigua.

Tim
Fort Myers Beach, FL

I dove with Ultramarine last year, they operate out of the St James club on the opposite side of the Island from St. Johns but it is worth the trip. Better coral and fish life. They were getting a new boat so they could do trips as far as Monserrat. If you are in port long enough I would highly recommend them.

For Tortola, UBS always gets good marks, very personable and I think they will meet you at the dock (though I can't be sure). In Antigua, you will have to taxi. Taxi fares are approx $25 - 30 USD each way but this covers up to 4 passengers. Check and see who has dive/taxi specials.

Jolly Divers is a good op though the quality of diving on the south-west coast (home of Jolly Dive) is not as good as the south-east coast.

The ops on the south-east coast are AntiguaScuba Center (www.antiguascuba.com) located in Nelson's Dockyard, English Harbour , Aquanaut Divers (email: aquanaut@candw.ag) located on Dockyard Drive, English Harbour and Ultramarine which is in the St. James Club (about 5 minutes away from English Harbour). They all dive sites in and around English Harbour.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom