Trip Report Anthony's Key: Eat, Sleep, Dive, Repeat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The dives were mostly group and guided, with no issues if buddy pairs wanted to go and explore some. It was always good to stick close to the dive master as he had a great guy for life that we would have gone right past.
If only we guests would understand this.

So… AKR lists a ‘shore dive’ but your otherwise inclusive report makes no mention of this.

When we PM’d before your trip, I said that IMNSHO, well, I thought it was awful. Did you even bother?

Did you do any of the two offered night dives?

If only we guests would understand this.

So… AKR lists a ‘shore dive’ but your otherwise inclusive report makes no mention of this.

When we PM’d before your trip, I said that IMNSHO, well, I thought it was awful. Did you even bother?

Did you do any of the two offered night dives?
Hello Doc,

The shore dive looked kind of lame, and after three dives already under my belt for the day, was easy to skip. The folks I talked to that did it said it was...okay. You have to walk out about 50 years in very shallow water before it gets divable. People walked out while wearing full gear and said it was a bit onerous and said that if there was a next time, they would float our their gear with an inflated BC and don when it got sufficiently deep. Apparently there is a sort of rope handrail that marks the path.

My biggest regret was missing the night dives. The first, on Tuesday, was the night we arrived and I wasn't quite ready to just jump in and make that my very first dive of the trip. By the second, on Thursday, I kind of lost track of it and after six dives over the prior two days, was content to have dinner and chill. Consider my "definitely doing it next time" list already started, with night dives at the top.

Given the comments on this thread, visiting CCV on my next trip to Roatan will be the preferred course. I have only been back for a week and already miss it. There is nothing like New England in early April to make one pine for the sun.

I am very gratified to hear how many of you have enjoyed my review and the happy memories it has stirred. Hope to see any of you there the next time I go.

Insidious!

We weren't hanging out outside very much, at all, given the dive, eat, sleep schedule and the heat, but I started to see and feel bites toward the end of my stay. I never felt the need to use repellant at the time, especially given that the wind usually kicked up in the late afternoons into the evenings. In retrospect, that was a mistake.

I honestly think the majority of bites .came during mealtimes in the open dining room.

After I got home, I started feeling itchy and noticed many little bits on my lower legs and feet.

Sneaky little buggers...

Wow, your report makes me want to go back (we’ve been several times) but they are booked solid any time we can go.
Maybe next year.

Derailing it with a Live Aboard thing is a way different discussion.
Couldn't agree more - on this point and the CocoView point.

As I sit on shore, I watch the Aggressor and feel sorry for the people on the boat. Double the cost, none of the freedom.

We booked out over a year in advance. The anticipation was killing me. But the day finally arrived, and it was so worth it.

If its sand fleas you desire, the best location is Utila. While you will find them in decent numbers on Roatan, Utila seems to be the Ultimate Destination in sand flea hunt!
Just being facetious.....lol
Facetious but more than a grain of truth- it’s like the difference between the frying pan and the fire… lo mismo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom