Antares rings glove options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did end up swapping over to the round rings combined with the QCP system (which I already owned from using it directly on the seals). I miss the low profile of the Antares but my hands have been dry every dive since and there's been no frustrating fiddling either. Wish I had just gone with the round rings first. It would have saved me a bunch of money, time and most importantly frustration.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added May 13th, 2014 at 08:46 AM ----------

Oh, also FWIW, when I moved the silicone seals from the old to new system, I did find a small hole in the seal where it's pinched by the ring. I think this was probably the source of my regular, slow leaks right before I had the system swapped. Still, locking the QCP is much less fiddly than the Antares in my experience.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Did you have to have the PU ring (which is glued to your suit) swapped out when you switched from the oval Antares set-up to the round Glove Lock QCP? I've been told the two are not compatible. It would be great if I could just swap the oval rings for the round QCP and be on my way.

Thanks!

Did you have to have the PU ring (which is glued to your suit) swapped out when you switched from the oval Antares set-up to the round Glove Lock QCP? I've been told the two are not compatible. It would be great if I could just swap the oval rings for the round QCP and be on my way.

Yes, I had to have the entire factory-installed system removed from the suit. I just had the dealer do the work, so it's not quite as pretty as it was from the factory but it has been effective and presumably faster than the suit going all the way back to the factory in Poland. I'm now ten dives in with the round rings with QCP glove lock system and I haven't had one leak or even a slightly damp hand!

Yes, I had to have the entire factory-installed system removed from the suit. I just had the dealer do the work, so it's not quite as pretty as it was from the factory but it has been effective and presumably faster than the suit going all the way back to the factory in Poland. I'm now ten dives in with the round rings with QCP glove lock system and I haven't had one leak or even a slightly damp hand!

Thanks very much for the information!

Back
Top Bottom