ANSWERS about rain in the Bay Islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Greetings!!

I'm planning a trip to the bay islands in November and I have few questions, I'd be happy if you could share some information. I know it is in the middle of the rainy season, but will there be any good sunny day in November or is it just cloudy and raining? About raining, is there any difference in raining between Utila and Roatan?

Kind regards.

-Merl1n

Thanks for the info on this thread! My wife and I are headed to AKR on Saturday. I'm hoping most of the rain falls at night, but we are bringing full rain suits just in case.

Does anyone have experience with AKR and diving in the rain?

Hope you have fun, we're right behind you. We leave on the 25th of this month. Diving in the rain changes the Ph of the water but it does not change the viz much. It should still be great. I hear lately it has been raining during the night, and a few internitent showers during the day.

Good Viz,
George

Hope you have fun, we're right behind you. We leave on the 25th of this month. Diving in the rain changes the Ph of the water but it does not change the viz much. It should still be great. I hear lately it has been raining during the night, and a few internitent showers during the day.

Good Viz,
George

George, thanks for the info! I will post up a quick trip report when we get back. I've read glowing things about AKR, so I expect it to be great!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom