Another Whale Shark death...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Antonio...yes, this was big news last year and there was a huge campaign against the GA Aquarium. There was big discussion on it here as well as on the other dive boards.

it was 1am and i was almost asleep, didnt notice the dateline, still got just as angry as if it happened yesterday......

..chalk it up to mexican/island time....

:D

I opened, read and wrote this at 1am, did not notice the dateline, thus to me it was like it happened yesterday....

News travels different down here in the caribbean isles....

I won't apologize because i am not sorry I posted, even if it's a year old, if your feathers got ruffled, oh well.....

I appreciate the positive comments....

And for the record, I do not agree with the confinement by humans of any fish, mammal, bird, reptile or insect, for any reason, period, one day we might find ourselves in a cage, and then it will be too late to understand, we are not the masters of this world, no matter what we've been raised to believe...

Peace....

Last edited:
I opened, read and wrote this at 1am, did not notice the dateline, thus to me it was like it happened yesterday....

News travels different down here in the caribbean isles....

I won't apologize because i am not sorry I posted, even if it's a year old, if your feathers got ruffled, oh well.....

I appreciate the positive comments....

And for the record, I do not agree with the confinement by humans of any fish, mammal, bird, reptile or insect, for any reason, period, one day we might find ourselves in a cage, and then it will be too late to understand, we are not the masters of this world, no matter what we've been raised to believe...

Peace....

So surely you are trying to get this stopped
Dolphin Encounter at Dolphin Discovery Cozumel | Swimming with dolphins activities & programs

You might have more success being that this is where you live.

So surely you are trying to get this stopped
Dolphin Encounter at Dolphin Discovery Cozumel | Swimming with dolphins activities & programs

You might have more success being that this is where you live.

Well I am not going to get it stopped, because of course the almighty dollar rules this land, as it does yours....

I personally have stopped many many many people from doing it, by informing them of the real issues Marine Mammals in Captivity | The Humane Society of the United States

so yes, my little grain of sand, yes.....and I will continue to do so as long as their is breath in me...

Hi Guys
please see the link below and see what's happening in Dubai. The Atlantis (same group that owns the Atlantis resort in Bahamas) has illegally captured a juvenile female whale shark and is keeping it an aquarium.

help us out here, with your thoughts, spread the word, etc etc. there is also a facebook group "Set The Whale Shark Free From The Atlantis Aquarium Dubai."

Gulfnews: Free Sammy

help us to get Sammy released before she has the same fate as other whale sharks held in captivity. She is losing weight, its difficult to feed her as 100s of cobia rush in and steal her food while they are feeding her with a bucket!

Your support is welcomed...

thanks a mil

Sara in Dubai

I did the dive at the Georgia Aquarium about a month ago. In 28 years, they were probably the most professional dive operation I've ever worked with -- including my own. While the issues surrounding the ethics of captivity for animals are certainly debatable, criticism of the aquarium for throwing profits before the lives of their animals is completely baseless. I would encourage anyone who loves the ocean, loves diving and loves whale sharks to go and make the dive.

Back
Top Bottom