Another Venice Dive?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Couldn't believe the vis. Best I've seen et. Found 229 teeth. None extrordinary. I've gotten a book on fossils, and the kids and I are working on identifying them.

Nice to meet you and the wife, Knavey, and glad you had better results.

I spoke to a local diver briefly, and he told me about another bed about twice the distance out from where we were (if you remember, where several boats were moored) that people tended to find "big stuff" at. Just a little too far to dive from the beach.

Knavey, sounds like a good dive. It’s nice having a wife that likes to dive too.

Reefguy, that's outstanding vis! That second bed, did he mention a depth and how far out from the beach? I’ve often seen boats not far offshore flying dive flags and I’ve always wondered if there were better fossil beds that were further offshore.

Thanks everyone for posting.
Brian

No, he didn't give a depth. The boats he pointed to, though, were pretty far out (I'm thinking now, twice our distance out was waay too conservitave). I wouldn't even make the attempt to swim that far, and consider myself an excellent swimmer. His attitude was it was out of reach without a boat.

ReefGuy, thanks for the clarification. No doubt that's not a beach dive.

I sometimes think about bringing a boat down and diving from the boat. On a few occasions I’ve seen a number of boats flying dive flags not far out and I suspect that they were diving something like a riverbed or ledge. That would interesting to dive another spot that may have different bottom characteristics.

Brian

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom