Another "Try GUE" - FREE Event - Wallins Dive Center !!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great idea. Not so sure Wallins would appreciate a BBQ grill next to their pool :wink:.

But let's save that idea for another event!!

Sushi maybe?

FYI,

This event has to be one that served me beyond my expectations in diving. I had all my questions answered about who GUE is and why they dive the way they do.

I learned so much about practical gear configuration and how streamline it is.

But most importantly, I really learned how super friendly this group of energetic divers are, they are just an amazing set of passionate divers.

Nuff said... :wink:

MG

OK OK, I shall multitask - corona, great weather, park, fleet week Sunday and quick GUE report (I am sorry for any typos).

There were two groups (one at noon, one at 1:30pm). I was in the first group with 3 other want-to-know-all-about-GUE divers. We were welcome by Kathy, Susan, Robert and Beto. Yup ratio of students to instructors was 1:1

We went through quick 30 minutes presentation about GUE, then discussed what we would like to try. I really wanted to check doubles, others tried drysuit, canister light, .... We were all using bp/w and long hose (yeah these are new to me as well).

After few minutes of gear setup (Robert was helping me with everything), we put wetsuit (or drysuit) on and played in the pool for close to an hour. This was not random swim, the instructors stayed with us the whole time, explain quite a lot of details what to do and what not to do and answered pretty much every question we had.

This was free GUE Demo and although some might think with word FREE there is always a catch or strong sale pitch, there was none. 

This was really really awesome Saturday afternoon. Thank you Kathy, Susan, Beto and Robert for this!

Back
Top Bottom