another tech dive video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

down4fun

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I got quite a few views on the other video I posted so I decided to share another one.

This time we were diving the Lowrance. Originally a frieghter, she was converted to a barge before being sank as part of the artifical reef program here in Broward county. At 400 feet long and 55 wide there is plenty to see. You reach the deck at 170 feet and 200 in the bottom of the engine room. There are many skylights that allow you to drop down vertically 3-4 decks, and from there it is a simple trip down the hallway to find the engine room. We had a 2 knot current and a bottom temp of 57F. Viz was normal for this wreck at about 30 feet.

YouTube - Lowrance

You'll have to overlook the poor reel placement. We hot dropped to the wreck due to the current, so I just hooked them anywhere to get in the water as quickly as possible with 2-4 foot seas. My intention was to relocate them once on the wreck however I got "distracted" by the call of the engine room.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom