Suggested sites to visit for technical dives on the Oriskany

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beldridg

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm going to be doing some extended (3-4 hour) dives on the Oriskany at the end of September with two other divers. We are all full Trimix CCR certified and wreck/cave certified.

I have the PDF of the deck plans and I've been studying some places to visit and also watching some excellent on-line videos.

So far, some of the places I have on the list include: engine room, CIC, hangar bay, dentist office, etc.

I would appreciate any input from divers who have done extensive penetration on the Mighty O with their favorite places to go (and the route if you have it).

As usual, I will post an extensive trip report with photos once we return.

Regards,

- brett

Were you able to make your trip? I'd be interested in the report/photos, if so. The O is on my list, potentially for next year.

We had to cancel due to hurricane Ian. Hopefully 2023. I’ve done all the research now and have all the deck plans and the rooms / areas I plan to visit laid out so the legwork is in done.
Brett

Were you able to make your trip? I'd be interested in the report/photos, if so. The O is on my list, potentially for next year.

PS - here is what I did instead:

It was a pretty epic week here in California and I still have a few stories to post about it.

Brett

I did one of the engine rooms (but for only a minute b/c it was blown out), the CIC and hangar bay all on one dive this summer. The nice thing is the engine room was right below the CIC, so we the plan was to hit it and then the CIC and hangar on the way out. Total run-time was right at 2 hours, but it would have been longer if we had spent more than 2 minutes in the engine room. If you want more details, feel free to DM me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom