Another Tables vs. Computers Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lamont:
If you were diving nitrox you probably exceeded the MOD. Suuntos figure a MOD of 1.4 ppO2 and adds one to your O2 %age (ie. if you key in 32% it bumps it up to 33% for you and limits you to 107).

To be clear, maybe the computer *thinks* she exceeded the MOD, but she may not actually have done so.

limeyx:
To be clear, maybe the computer *thinks* she exceeded the MOD, but she may not actually have done so.

right. exceeded the computers MOD.

I've made my suunto beep at me at 107-110 fsw a lot.

i've bent my computer as well, it was diving 21% and I was diving 32% and I cut short the 10 minutes of deco it needed... guess i should have called DAN to see if it got DCS or not...

lamont:
right. exceeded the computers MOD.

I've made my suunto beep at me at 107-110 fsw a lot.

i've bent my computer as well, it was diving 21% and I was diving 32% and I cut short the 10 minutes of deco it needed... guess i should have called DAN to see if it got DCS or not...

...and then off to remedial classes in how to use your computer :)

limeyx:
...and then off to remedial classes in how to use your computer :)

yeah, i hit the manual to figure out how to get it into gauge mode...

The Mosquito doesn't have a gauge mode. And I WAS diving EAN -- EAN 21, and the computer knew it. I still don't know what it was unhappy about, and I probably won't find out until I get home and go through the manual.

TSandM:
The Mosquito doesn't have a gauge mode. And I WAS diving EAN -- EAN 21, and the computer knew it. I still don't know what it was unhappy about, and I probably won't find out until I get home and go through the manual.

one of my dive buddies had a computer that went off when we were at 90 fsw (and within the 21% NDLs) yesterday. i have no idea what it was so pissed about. forgot to ask after we got out. whoever it was seemed unconcerned and based on our profile i wasn't concerned enough to bother finding out and it stopped before i got too annoyed...

TSandM:

If you have a computer (mac or pc) handy

http://www.suunto.com/suunto/main/index.jsp

Customer Service Tab
Download centre

Available as a .pdf file

Back
Top Bottom