Another request for VDH backplate template

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sachris

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi -shouting out to @Luis H (new member - not permitted to DM) in the hope he'd be willing to pass on a template/plan of the above backplate. I'm working on a rig for a 2005 Mistral (I know, I know) and would like to give it every chance to perform as well as it can, hence VDH plate. I'm in Australia, where VDH stuff is incredibly rare in the used market, so I'm DIY-ing it.
From the research I've done, it appears the closest wing to the Argonaut still available is the DGX S1, but I'd welcome other input before I order.
Thanks in advance,
Chris

I'm not Luis, but I have made clones of the VDH plate... if he OK's it I'll send you my drawing. In the meantime, before I cloned the VDH plate, I cut my own plate from a cheap nylon cutting board (my kids, 14 and 18, still use the cutting board plates). Attached is my current pattern for those. Dirt Cheap BP/W Mk2

Respectfully,

James

Attachments

• CuttingBoardTemplate.pdf
    329.1 KB · Views: 27
Buy local mate save your money for the same thing

and get an old backpack

330 022a.jpg

and fill it with lead

271 012a.jpg

all purpose without wing or with and lead in your pack for an inch from your back

110 053a (1).JPG

Now that's just multisatisfactional!

Screenshot (67).png

Works good!

@James79 Thanks for the offer. If you could contact Luis and he agrees, it'd be brilliant to have a full drawing to work from. I like the cutting board plate as well - pretty ingenious.
@happy-diver cheers for the tip about the wing - I'll give it some thought. The plastic plate looks super-cool, but I like my weight ditchable - you'd be experienced enough to make it work for you. Thanks to both of you for your input - it's all useful. Double hose is a bit of a learning curve....C

I may or may not have accidentally picked one up while buying a VDH wing, happy to take/post pix of it next to a ruler if you give me instructions of what you need

@TMurrr appreciate the offer. Ideally I'd like a production drawing with drilling centres, angles and all dimensions marked. So far all I have are basic dimensions of 430mm x 190mm. If at all possible, I'd rather not knock it off without the designer's permission, but thanks...

@TMurrr appreciate the offer. Ideally I'd like a production drawing with drilling centres, angles and all dimensions marked. So far all I have are basic dimensions of 430mm x 190mm. If at all possible, I'd rather not knock it off without the designer's permission, but thanks...
DM'ing you momentarily

totally understood - are there any representatives of VDH still on here?

You see people just don't open links, you should have looked at my bottom link

Yeah mate, you spread the weight between the backpack and somewhere, elses

I like my weight ditchable

You do not have to squeeze a big railway line in there

I like it that people don't open links, it opens my eyes

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom