Another Photoshop Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aggie Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Someone a while back posted the mandrake stuff, along with a downloadable action file (underwater.atn) for Photoshop that would do it all automatically.

I downloaded the action file, put it in the action files folder.

So how do I apply it? It doesn't show up in my list of actions, I admit I'm a bit of a novice on that part of photoshop, any edumacation anyone could give would be great.

Thanks.

I'm a novice too, so there might be an easier way. Here's what works for me:
Start Photoshop and make the actions toolbox visible (window, actions). Use windows explorer to browse to the location of underwater.atn. Drag and drop the underwater.atn file to the Photoshop actions toolbox.

FWIW, I've had better results using levels and adjusting the RGB channels independently.

I downloaded the action file, put it in the action files folder.

So how do I apply it? It doesn't show up in my list of actions, I admit I'm a bit of a novice on that part of photoshop, any edumacation anyone could give would be great.
Thanks.
1 Choose Load Actions from the Actions palette menu. (This is the little right facing arrow in the actions pallette.)

2 Locate and select the action set file. (In Windows, Photoshop action set files have the extension .atn.)

3 Click Load.

These instructions work with Photoshop 6. I'm not sure if they differ with other versions.

Mike

After loading the file it usually does not show in the Action palette until after the first usage. Click on the small arrowhead to the right of the palette and locate the file and open it from there. After that it should be in the palette (PS7)
I explain it here

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom